Alloys for winter on a 2018 cx5

I'm looking at getting a set of alloys for my cx5 GT. Ideally I was hoping to find the 17inch gunmetal ones on the GX or GS trim but they are impossible to find in the Vancouver area (used).

Does anyone know if the 17inch OEM alloys from 2016 and older will fit a 2018 cx5?

What about the 18inch alloys from a 2018 Mazda 3 GT?

Any help on this will be great. Thanks.

Last edited:
Probably. I'm pretty sure they'll bolt on. The offset might vary a little. That can change the way they sit by a fraction of an inch. Will that bother you for snow tires?

I think wheels from Mazda5 , Mazda3, other Mazdas are all 5 bolt on 4.5 inch circle. Probably 7 inch wide is typical.

When you find something likely, post it here.

They will bolt up fine, as posted by Mazdiod2 earlier model wheels have a slightly different offset.

Found a chart on wheel-size.com, used a 2014 and 2018 for comparison.

1597891945870.png

1597891984702.png

I was looking into a winter tire setup also, I'm going to reuse a set of 16" OEM Hyundai rims from a 2003 Hyundai XG350L that I once had. Bolt pattern and spacing fits nicely. Have to clean them up and repaint them first.

Here is a good read on winter tire/rim choices: https://www.liveabout.com/why-downsize-your-winter-wheels-3234481

Last edited:
Probably. I'm pretty sure they'll bolt on. The offset might vary a little. That can change the way they sit by a fraction of an inch.
Will that bother you for snow tires?

I think wheels from Mazda5 , Mazda 3, other Mazdas are all 5 bolt on 4.5 inch circle. Probably 7 inch wide is typical.

When you find something likely, post it here.
It seems the offset is minimal...As long as the bolt pattern and bore is the same, I'm fine with the rest. Plus 17inch winters are cheaper than 18s.

They will bolt up fine, as posted by Mazdiod2 earlier model wheels have a slightly different offset.

Found a chart on wheel-size.com, used a 2014 and 2018 for comparison.

View attachment 226525
View attachment 226526

I was looking into a winter tire setup also, I'm going to reuse a set of 16" OEM Hyundai rims from a 2003 Hyundai XG350L that I once had. Bolt pattern and spacing fits nicely. Have to clean them up and repaint them first.

Here is a good read on winter tire/rim choices: https://www.liveabout.com/why-downsize-your-winter-wheels-3234481
Thanks for the info...It clarified so much.

Back