ALL SET FOR HOT IMPORT NIGHTS!!!!! 56k warning

Did you have your wheels painted gold, or do they just look different due to the lighting? Either way, looks dope (thumb) I like the Spoon style mirrors too.

Yea my $300 was the valve cover, heat shield, engine lift hooks, strut bar, hood prop, battery tie down, and some other small things.

Pe@ce

HIN sucked ass...for the hottest car makes and types, they only had 1st place, they didnt have 1st to 3rd place...the hottest w-5 went to a sick scion xa, it was well deserved but i wish they had 1st- 3rd place...i think im done with car shows, a lot prep and work and you dont even get to enjoy the eye candy cuz youre waiting for judging...

Welcome to the bad world of HIN. They only have mild1-5, wild1-5 and expert1-5, then they have the best Mazda, Acura, etc. Its very hard to win its every car against each other. In the 4-door class you compete against BMWs, Mercedes, Subarus, Acuras. Sometimes I though I deserved at least a 5th place, and sometimes I thought, damn that car is mild, and it had Lambo doors! Now I just race, that way there is a clear winner and none of that subjective bs. Anyway that is why I liked shows like Import Expo among others.

HIN=teh gay

Your car is way more desirable than ANY Scion, IMO. I admit I never saw the show winner (I had my own HIN nightmare...I was supposed to be judging but I got kicked out instead), but I have seen your car and it's one of the best looking wagons out there.
Those guys are just looking for the flavor of the week.

ya when i go i dont expect to win anything since i know the rx-7 that always beats me is going to be there!! i just have fun at shows thats why i go... global import nights has a 1st-3rd mazda catagory and i won 2nd last time(beat by that damn rx-7)!! i just love seeing my car pop up on diffrent websites and i love the complements i get at shows.... thats why i still go!!
rob

getting compliments is great...from the first car show i went to, i knew an rx-7 will get best mazda, hands down especially if its the endless rx-7, im sure you guys have seen it all the import mags, its in the ebay ad with the bald chinese guy in front of it...also it had a spread in one of them...getting compliments and getting respect for the hard work is cool, maybe im not done, just go to shows that 1st-3rd places cuz hin is just bulls***...joka1 and protegegurly you guys got a pm...

i've seen that rx-7 in the mags btw........ i hate having rx-7's to compete against!!

im not really good at how-tos so it goes...you need

3" light strap hinges from lowes or any hardware stores
4 short screws
2 L type screws, long enough to hold up the hood at where you bolt the hood on...this sucks, ill just show you pics of the set up and ill try and answer questions...
you need at least 3 people to help you out, do at your own risk
1. take cf hood off
2. screw one side of the strap hinge on where you bolt the hood on
3. put hood back on, bolt the 1 12mm bolt on the bottom on where you bolt the on
4. with the other side of the strap hinge, screw two screws into the hood
5. once youre done with that, you can unbolt that 12mm bolt and use the hinge to lift up the hood like in my sig...be careful when you do this the ends of your hood might get caught with the front quarter panels where your hood meets the car
heres the tricky part, propping up the hood for the show, if you just put some type of prop in front by the grill, the weight of the hood will force the hood down and that will **** up your hood, what i did was that i drilled a hole in the side where the hood gets bolted on so it gets stabilized at the hinges and the prop up front will hold up its end...here are the pics, hopefully this helps...
hood1.jpg
hood2.jpg
hood3.jpg
hood4.jpg
hood5.jpg
hood6.jpg
hood7.jpg

kewl, thanks
rob
oh ya hot import night said i passed their pre-screening board so i was alowwed to enter my car!!
rob

Latest posts

Back