Alazare619 MSP 2003.5 #1800 Rebuild & Build Thread

alazare619

:
MSP 2003.5 #1800 1996 Ford Probe GT
Edit: mod can you move it to lounge i was viewing that thread when i submitted somehow ended up in the main area

Backstory - Purchasing History etc:

Purchased the car on 4-7-13 in Independence Missouri. Car had a blown motor and turbo. Paid 2k for her been wanting a msp for some time now. Was originally under the impression it was a 2003 #1500, after investigation as more and more signs pointed to it being a 2003.5 I.E. spoiler, lip, dash needle etc. I looked up the vin its actually #1800 2003.5.

Modifications with URLS (if purchasable still):
Current known mods to car (Current as of 6/4/13)

TOKICO 'HPK' Suspension Kit
http://www.corksport.com/tokico-hpk-suspension-kit-for-protege.html

Centric A.K.A. StopTech A.K.A. Power slot rotors all around.

Injen CAI
http://injen.com/search.asp?stop=1&Year=2003&MakeID=12&ModelID=&Eng= scroll down some
Nightshade tail lights and spoiler stop light

Tint

GReddy Type-S BOV

?Rims?

Carbon Fiber VIS Racing Evo hood
http://www.protegegarage.com/343-product-343.html

3 inch exhaust piping

Magna Flow muffler

Last edited:
First got pictures.
Engine bay.
lbjfEUuh.jpg

Stock hood.
nXTGWCA.jpg

CF VIS racing evo hood painted.
k4Eo1Ww.jpg

Interior.
Cnw6TrK.jpg

Rear with saggy lip.
lJtCWWZ.jpg

Close up of the rims w/ Painted calipers.
AEuDWhP.jpg

Side shot.
lP64zu7.jpg

Old motor pulled out pictures of the swish cheesed block.

XZj4RSKh.jpg

R47OaOGh.jpg

ByeuvARh.jpg

MukGKQqh.jpg

Sew1ARvh.jpg

Cleaned up the engine bay some
B9Hpfmmh.jpg

zX2SLLih.jpg

W5EoWHQh.jpg

7OriMpDh.jpg

New motor arrived

6578KObh.jpg

YBRwXOPh.jpg

Not quiet sure about this coil pack setup
Y2mSt45h.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you have quite the project on your hands. Good luck, interested to see how it turns out. You planning to build it back to stock or significant mods?

mainly stock with mods for reliability currently. IE ssafcv2 since the big ecu tune issue with these cars and the fact ill be running the 626 std emission manifold and it has a 3inch exhaust already I'm sure the tune is terrible considering its running just the stock ecu. This summer I'm focusing on reliability, stopping and suspension. Next summer will be for numbers and hp. The car was purchased for the wife to drive around since we have 2 sons and no 4 door cars currently. So not shooting for 400+ but a nice 250-275 Whp would be fun for when I get to drive it ;)

Last edited:
Nice man it looks like the car is in good hands. The stock tune actually runs alright with the 626 intake mani and your other mods. I have heard MSPs with a T28 turbo and a 505 intake mani (and all bolt ons) run excellent on the factory tune. I have the AFC and highly recommend it for all MSPs.

Also the blue tokico struts and red racing beat lowering springs/sway bars are all from the factory on the MSPs.

ahh interesting so that kit is actually to replace to factory specs? interesting was just looking at the parts as i was pulling it off i'm third owner and the 2nd didnt do anything and didn't get a part list from the previous owner to whats been done. So i'm in the dark as to whats factory and what isn't

Back