Air Conditioning is messed up!

p0wn

I tried searching for this but had no luck.
My a/c is messed up(if you couldn't tell by the subject!)... The 'ac' light only comes on at the '1' setting and in between the 4 and 5 settings(which takes a while to accomplish...it's touchy). I have taken it to the dealer, and they said that the previous owner of the car messed it up when they installed the aftermarket headunit. They said they broke something by forcing it(the headunit) in. The dealer would not fix it under warranty. Also, the heat does not work... they said it was the same problem.
Now I am wondering what i can do, if i can fix this myself, or if i can order a new ac console and install that?
Anyone had a similar problem?

The dealer is full of s***, there is a TSB out on it. the connections in the back are loose, comes from the factory like that (concerning the AC light) as for the heater, look under the passenger side dash and there is a silver loop cable thing connected to your hot/cold selector swich that loops trough peg swivel thing under there. check to see if that loop is unhooked

gimpo2 said:
The dealer is full of s***, there is a TSB out on it. the connections in the back are loose, comes from the factory like that (concerning the AC light) as for the heater, look under the passenger side dash and there is a silver loop cable thing connected to your hot/cold selector swich that loops trough peg swivel thing under there. check to see if that loop is unhooked

that loop dosent have to be unhooked to mess it up either ... if its not hooked up all the way or where it clips down is pulling on the cable to much it will mess it up

did you do anything recently or has this problem allways been like that?

awesome. i love when the dealer is full of s***(... like 75% of the time??) well i will check the connections, and see if i can get that fixed. Any more tips?

p0wn said:
the problem has been there since i got the car ~1 month ago

ok there are 2(or 3) metal cables under there that go to the levars these cables need to be routed so they are free to move and make sure the clips are on the black plastic not the metal rod ...

i had a very similar problem. My a/c control wouldnt switch from the feet, to face/windshield, etc. Dealership said it was because of after market headunit and wouldnt touch it. Called up Mazda NA and convinced the dealership that if i took out the headunit they would fix it (they claimed they didnt want to be held responsible for messing up the head unit even though it slides out). That whole metal clip was completly missing, not only disconnnected. Take it to the dealership where u bought it. Call up mazda NA and if need be try a different dealership. The dealership sold you the car with full warranty, just becuz of something a past owner did like a head unit they cannot refuse your warranty. They did not disclose that at the time of sale.

Latest posts

Back