Aftermarket vs OEM Navigation in 2008 CX-9

How does the bluetooth & phone integration perform? My local store told me the "factory look" Rosen uses the old Bluetooth standard while the "Piranha" has newer technology but without the factory look.

Have you tried out the iPod integration? Any other pros/cons? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Last edited:
I am not sure about the Piranha system, however the Rosen bluetooth works just as any other bluetooth system does. Its quick and easy and still allows u to use the phone steering wheel controls. Also the call quality is clear. The Ipod cable just works fine along with and can be navigated through the system. Also my ipod cable also charges my Iphone. Overall its good.

I have just bought a 2011 CX9 Luxury out here in Australia, and want to install an aftermarket NAV. Does anyone know if the Rosen units can have Australian maps installed?

Spoke to Rosen.. Australian maps can be loaded into it easily, but it seems the radio can not be modified to work on Australia frequencies. Our AM band has 9khz increments whereas the US has 10khz increments. DAMN!

D19racing, please help me!

I have just received my Rosen unit and was about to install it when I noticed that there is no info button on it as there was on the picture when I ordered it! I notice that the photos you uploaded have the Nav button I place if the Info button to!

How on earth do you change the trip computer when using this unit??

I hope you can help me as Rosen are not open until Monday and I want to install this bad boy!

My wife will not let me install it unless she can view the trip computer!

Thanks in advance!

So, I installed the Rosen unit and its very impressive!

Now I just need to know how to change image when the unit powers up...

So, I installed the Rosen unit and its very impressive!

Now I just need to know how to change image when the unit powers up...

so how do you like it?
is all factory functionality there still? info button....outside temp... clock... steering wheel controls?

any thing you don't like about the unit. I'm very close to pulling the trigger and buying one on eBay for $415 shipped.

thanks

Thank you all the great information in this thread.
I just picked up my first Mazda ever, a 2009 CX-9.
I have a Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS in order and found a lot of useful information in here.
One thing I have had a hard time finding is the wiring harness for the CX-9.
Can someone help me with a link?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
Lars

I would reccomend Factory Navi. They are using TomTom now, and MUCH better. I had 2011 CX9 with factory nav, and it was lame. But the new one is a lot better! Much better resolution and detail, and its fully integrated.
Just my two cents...

Back