Aftermarket power liftgate struts? 2018 CX-5

I’ve ordered lots of stuff from Partsouq

IMG_2351.jpeg

Hi, anyone have a source for them? Mazda wants crazy money for them.

2018 GT

Thanks
I tried AliExpress and here is one without kick sensor:

8357079F-0118-44BA-B7C1-4AE591077AE2.jpeg

3C8EC560-2C68-4CD4-AEA9-B764F51D6AB3.jpeg

Remember this is a power liftgate set with both motorized struts. You only need the strut part and this’s a much cheaper solution than getting the OEM replacement power struts.

According to the Car Care Nut YTber...
Better to replace both together so that left-right is balanced in motion.

BTW, price wise, you guys might be comparing Mazda genuine parts vs. aftermarket replacement parts. Good luck with the latter. Fake/cheap parts are everywhere. Some even have Mazda packaging.

Last edited:
So Mazda OEM part power liftgate support strut KSD5-62-6EXB is USD$336.55 from Partsouq.com near Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and even cheaper is JP¥43,291 / USD$275.13 from Impex Japan. It’s $524.44 / $760.88 MSRP from Mazda Swag in the US.

This just shows how expensive the OEM parts have been going on in the US nowadays. I used to find the OEM parts were much cheaper in the US several years ago when I was traveling abroad many times, now it’s totally opposite! Is it because much higher inflation in the US? Or is it the protectionism now is the trend and much higher tariff imposed to import goods where we as consumers have to pay for the price? 🥴

In general …I always price check these sites before I order domestically for my Japanese vehicles. If parts are more than a few lbs I don’t bother but lighter weight items are usually beat

Not all vendors sell Mazda parts

Some 3rd party option with who knows what kind of quality and reliability

I could see a combo package for $330 on AliExpress

Both sides for $330? That seems unrealistically low.
Yeh it’s an aftermarket power liftgate kit from China to be used to convert non-power liftgate which usually cheaper. I would try that with good reviews if I were you using only the 2 power struts. Of course there may be some risk that the struts from the kit won’t fit (I doubt it though) but that’s the risk worth taking. The quality of car parts from China has been greatly improved in recent years. I believe these power struts should have decent quality. You can contact the seller to verify if their struts would fit your factory power liftgate.

Check this, $427.63 for the each side strut. Shows both in stock.
I ended up buying this one because Amazon was easier, there was an 3 year extended warranty offered for $30 more. Easy install but hard to keep the inside trim clean when accessing the plug. Water seal through body looks slightly different but seems to still seal.

I ended up buying this one because Amazon was easier, there was an 3 year extended warranty offered for $30 more. Easy install but hard to keep the inside trim clean when accessing the plug. Water seal through body looks slightly different but seems to still seal.
Heck of a deal on the extended warranty 😲

Thanks for the update. Did you get only one side or both sides? If one side, how did you figure out which one failed?

I’ve been getting products from AliExpress and Temu in recent years. The delivery time usually is within a week with some exceptions. The quality usually is pretty good if you choose a one with good reviews. The return is easy too if needed. If you prefer the OEM parts from Partsouq.com from United Arab Emirates, you should receive the parts in a week based on many member’s experience here getting the Mazda parts from Partsouq.com.

The aftermarket power strut you got from Amazon is from China too. IMO it added a middleman making the profit and the cost will be higher.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Did you get only one side or both sides? If one side, how did you figure out which one failed?

I’ve been getting products from AliExpress and Temu in recent years. The delivery time usually is within a week with some exceptions. The quality usually is pretty good if you choose a one with good reviews. The return is easy too if needed. If you prefer the OEM parts from Partsouq.com from United Arab Emirates, you should receive the parts in a week based on many members experience here getting the Mazda parts from Partsouq.com.

The aftermarket power strut you got from Amazon is from China too. IMO it added a middleman making the profit and the cost will be higher.

I got both. I was just going to start another post to see if there was any bench test I could do to the old ones to see if either were worth keeping as a spare.

Yeah seller was in China (good communication through Amazon site) but the ease of shipping (to Canada) and Amazon return policy meant it was worth it imo. It probably didn’t even add anything to the final price.

Back