afc w/ o2 modifier

jus10 msp

well after reading about the e manage with the o2 modifier. i believe that a afc with o2 modifier will work on the msp. i think i'm going to try it. i would like to know if anyone has tried it with the o2 modifier. well i think the pcm is cracked now so now we can tune the msp with no promblem.

thnks justin h.

I have an HKS super AFR that I am going to try, but no one has let me know if I can use the universal o2 modifier/simulator on the first o2 sensor.

i know i not sure which one it needs to go on. i think it ties into the front o2 signal wire and the rea o2 signal wire. go to www.splitsec.com and take a look at the o2 signal cond. it also sees vac/ boost pressure to stay in close loop.

thanks justin h

See...here is the thing...You guys are thinking about this all wrong.

The O2 simulator will not help us run the AFC...Our MAF still runs the wrong voltage to use this unit.It was nopt a matter of the ECU learning around the SAFC but rather the fact that the voltage from the MAF signal is wrong.Might want to think about this before you spend your money on this stuff.
I have an SAFC 2 sitting here now at my house and I will be the guinea pig if you guys wantr,but it wont work from my understanding beacause of the MAF signal voltage.
Matt

The emanage uses the same 0 to .5 voltage as the afc. You correct that by using the inline resistor, or one soldered onto the pcm board.

You have to remember I was the guy running the emanage on my mp3.

And another thing...An O2 modifier like we use with the catless D/P and an O2 "SIMULATOR" are two totally different things from wjhat I understand.The modifier merely changes what voltage the ECU see by using resistors and such.The SIMULATOR hooks in and act like it is an O2 sensor seeing the proper voltage at all times so the ECU does not try to mees with the fuel enrichment or leaning out of the fuel to maintain a good AF mix.The modifier is not what you are looking for and it seems that the sim would need to be on the front O2 as well.

Matt

MP3skaterNC said:
The emanage uses the same 0 to .5 voltage as the afc. You correct that by using the inline resistor, or one soldered onto the pcm board.

You have to remember I was the guy running the emanage on my mp3.
So what voltage do we actually run in our cars for MAF signal?
I have heard that it was a 5-10 volt system and you are referring to a 0-.5 v system?Where is the info on how to get the MAF reading to register and read right.I thought we used a higher voltage MAF and that using a resistor would drop the line signal.
Now i am getting a little confused?
Matt

thats right you have to use a resistor to get the proper voltage. the o2 modifier is different from the o2 simulator.
justin h

ForceFed said:
I have heard that it was a 5-10 volt system and you are referring to a 0-.5 v system?Where is the info on how to get the MAF reading to register and read right.I thought we used a higher voltage MAF and that using a resistor would drop the line signal.
Matt
Our system is a 0-5v hotwire MAF. There is nothing strange about the MAF itself its the damn PCM getting readings from the O2 sensor, which in turn OVERRIDES any kind of fuel control.

If we use an o2 simulator, be it with the Emanage or any other kind of AFR, it should work. There is nothing special about the way the emanage works. All of these AFR's work the same.

ForceFed said:
Matt
we do, what i said appied to the piggy backs, not the cars ecu.

your going to need an O2 simultaor with a pressure switch so it only trips it when you are in boost. I am 99% sure it goes on the front O2 bank, as the rear, after the cat is only for emissions... honestly just get the one I got. it comes with instructions...

MP3skaterNC said:
we do, what i said appied to the piggy backs, not the cars ecu.
Your posts are so vague that I really never know what you are referring to when you qoute me?
So I am still confused.
Matt

ah, im just too lazy to do an indepth post.

Our cars do not fuction on a 0-5 maf voltage. The emange afc etc are set up for cars with the 0-5v like a honda, or nissan, mitsu, or whatever. Does that clear up what i was saying? You need the resistor to drop the stock maf voltage down to the level that the piggyback reads.

MP3skaterNC said:
ah, im just too lazy to do an indepth post.

Our cars do not fuction on a 0-5 maf voltage. The emange afc etc are set up for cars with the 0-5v like a honda, or nissan, mitsu, or whatever. Does that clear up what i was saying? You need the resistor to drop the stock maf voltage down to the level that the piggyback reads.
Anyway of getting this resistor without buying the Emanage itslef, I'm gonna try it with the HKS Super AFR.

your going to need an O2 simultaor with a pressure switch so it only trips it when you are in boost. I am 99% sure it goes on the front O2 bank, as the rear, after the cat is only for emissions... honestly just get the one I got. it comes with instructions...

Latest posts

Back