AFC Scam Alert: Used Buyers Please Read

Ok due to the recent amount of emails and phone calls I've been getting I decided its time to put up a post. FOr the past 3 months there has been a significant problem with people selling used AFCs as OUR AFCs...when infact they are psc-001 afcs and WILL NOT WORK on the msps. We are THE ONLY people who sell the correct version for the msp PSC-020. I have 3 confirmed cases of intentional scams and a few I'm still taking a look at. What the scammers are doing is picking up 001s off of ebay for say $30 or so and then listing them on here or pming people with wtb threads on here(and other mazda sites for that matter) saying they have an AirFlow AFC for sale. To those buying used AFCs please please be careful. While there is nothing I can do to prevent people from doing this I can offer several tips:

#1 Demand a pic of the product. Namely the top cover AND the wiring harness. the 020 has a distinct set of wire colors different from other afcs. The correct colors are listed on our webpage under install instructions.

#2 Only buy from members that you either know or that have been on here awhile. A member with only 10 posts selling an AFC for a great price is probably up to something.

#3 Only use paypal, they have a program specifically to combat scam artists and many times you can get your money back.

#4 We have a database of every person to ever purchase an AFC from us, just shoot me a pm and I'll do my best to check and see if this person bought an afc from us. THis doesn't help if its been resold a few times, but its the best I can do to track them. I'll need their real name and forum name to check.

Finally I'd like to say that it isn't always a scam. Sometimes the user bought the afc second hand thinking it was the correct version and didn't know any better. So if you think something is fishy or you think you got taken take the mature route and first talk it over with the seller to see if it isn't an honest mistake. If its a scam, do your fellow mspers a favor and report them to a mod. Also as a way to help eliminate this childish crap I'm going to look into getting a forsale page up on our website. This will be a way for people to sell and buy used AFCs that I will confirm are ACTUAL msp verion afcs, or I may just throw up a post after the OP post confirming the authenticity of the afc for sale.

-John

Last edited:
Ok, I just picked one up second hand and finally received it today after a three week wait. The top says PSC1. And the back says PSC1-020E on a white label that looks kinda like a label maker made it. Can anyone confirm to me that I have the correct unit. Thanks, Matt

So it looks like I'm good to go. All of the wires coming out of the afc coencide with the colors listed on the msp install on John's site.

Is a apexi afc neo....i get it for $350.

Did any msp in here that got abs and brake light on there car....? cause my is on....please help if anyone know how to solve the problem...

THANKS

i got my ssafc awhile ago and it says psc1 on the the cover and has four extra orange wires on it do i have the wrong one

i got a 03 mazdaspeed protege

Back