Advice re: Code P0421 & Warm-up Cat

... You should also be able to check the 02 heater for resistance, but I don't know the specs for that.

15.7 ohms.

Just an FYI... Apparently, if you test the resistance of the sensor circuit (instead of the heater circuit) of an O2 sensor you can wreck it... There is enough voltage supplied by the ohmeter to blow it up..

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by that. Although I do somewhat understand what the diagrams say, does that mean I need to buy a new one?

I am more than 90% sure that a new sensor will fix your problem and clear your codes.

The only reason it shouldn't is if you have broken/disconnected/corroded wires or connections.

Last edited:
I am more than 90% sure that a new sensor will fix your problem and clear your codes.

The only reason it shouldn't is if you have broken/disconnected/corroded wires or connections.

I never had this code till I messed with the sensor doing the non-fouler mod. Now would I get denso or ultra power sensor because I won't be using it properly.

Now would I get denso or ultra power sensor.

I don't know which one would work better... They're probably similar.

The only thing I remember is that one brand didn't fit in the non-fouler. It was too big so he had to replace it.
(I think it was Bosch but I'm not sure)

Back