Advice needed for Iphone and Stock 09 MSP3 stereo

What's needed is a Ground Loop Isolator.

Here's one from PAC:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/PACGLI (Amazon.com)

Here's one from Kensington:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/KensingtonGLI (Amazon.com)

I'll let you all know how the Kensington works out after mine shows up tomorrow. :D

Ooohh! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Looking forward to hearing how that works out!

Thanks! (yippy)(cool)

Works awesome! No more interference and (importantly) no degradation of audio either! (cabpatch)

One beef with it, tho'... the "nodule" that constitutes the filter is ~1/3 the way from the end with the narrow jack housing. Not a problem connecting my iTouch to the wide jack with the dock cable, however (about 1mm between them); dunno whether it would be problematic for an iPhone.

For 08.5-09 HU's, OEM integration is still the most comprehensive without signal loss. I'm told it works with iPhone, but no one has been able to confirm officially.

3145670199_large.jpg

For 08.5-09 HU's, OEM integration is still the most comprehensive without signal loss. I'm told it works with iPhone, but no one has been able to confirm officially.

3145670199_large.jpg

It works, but locks your iPhone out like the iPod. What good is that.

Because it puts the controls where they belong - HU/wheel. Unless you have a passenger with you all the time, unlocked controls are both distracting and dangerous IMO.

I'm told the phone can still receive calls while connected to the HU. Again, not confirmed.

Last edited:
buy a stereo with stereo bluetooth. i got caska for 648 in a group buy. no need wires ever again and works with pandora.

I'll keep my working Grom, thank you. Integrated AND doesn't lock your phone out.

Pandora + Trapster FTW

Dude,

you have the HU reporting the MP3 data, and the MP3 reporting the car data??

SUH wheet
INTERGRATION is good

Yep, the latest GROM firmware fixed my problems and it even works with the iPhone 4. Now I'm waiting on the holder for my DICE pass through. I even got my Kuda USA mount in red stritching whihc was only offered on the 2010 model :) I'll take pics as soon as DICE releases the iPhone 4 dock adapter.

Yep, the latest GROM firmware fixed my problems and it even works with the iPhone 4. Now I'm waiting on the holder for my DICE pass through. I even got my Kuda USA mount in red stritching whihc was only offered on the 2010 model :) I'll take pics as soon as DICE releases the iPhone 4 dock adapter.

Where do you plan on mounting the phone? How are you going to run the cables? I've kinda given up on dash mounts I'm leaning towards just running the cable out of the emergency brake area and just leaving a lot of cable. I've grown really fond of putting my phone in that little change holder spot that's right next to the stick shift.

SKIZZ, You like Trapster pretty well eh? I've played around with it a little but haven't used it enough to really tell if it's useful. You think the info is pretty up-to-date?

Where do you plan on mounting the phone? How are you going to run the cables? I've kinda given up on dash mounts I'm leaning towards just running the cable out of the emergency brake area and just leaving a lot of cable. I've grown really fond of putting my phone in that little change holder spot that's right next to the stick shift.

This:
http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_and_holder_for_mazda_3_04-09-24-223.html

and this:
http://www.diceelectronics.com/g2-cradle

BTW, The iPhone 4 adapter for it will be out shortly. It's very usable without the back holder that forms to the iPhone.

SKIZZ, You like Trapster pretty well eh? I've played around with it a little but haven't used it enough to really tell if it's useful. You think the info is pretty up-to-date?

It's not the end all that's for sure. I also have a V1, and considered a cheetah mirror as well to interface with the V1 and laser jammer but it is nice having pandora playing in the back ground since it mutes pandora and plays the alerts. I also like the turning google maps in it.

Latest posts

Back