Adjustable Mazda 2 Struts/Shocks

Sub for development. The lack of an available aftermarket shock if the main reason I haven't looked into lowering springs for the 2 (that, and the $$$ required for the RX-7). I don't necessarily care for the adjustability but rather a nicely paired spring/shock combo would be a good idea. Any plans for a slightly cheaper, non-adjustable version for those who don't need it?

We are more looking towards an adjustable unit. We looked at the cost difference between adjustable and fixed dampening and it made more sense to go with adjustables.

-Derrick

Last edited:
Yes, I am interested! I was about to settle on some Bilsteins but this has me going in a different direction now.

I have already installed Corksport's SRI and exhaust on my Mazda 2 and they are high quality parts. I have ordered a Corksport front sway bar and torsion bar stiffener, 15x7.5 6UL's (BLACK), and 205/50 Bridgstone Potenza RE-11's.

I'll be posting pics and giving you all the skinny as I install everything this summer.

Hi Derrick,

Please count me in for the $50. Very interested in the adjustables as this is my daily driver.

I posted a link to this thread on fiestafaction.com. Hopefully some Fiesta folks will chime in and want this kit too. I assume, since springs and dampers are being replaced, this kit would fit both the 2 and the Fiesta. Correct?

-Matt

I posted a link to this thread on fiestafaction.com. Hopefully some Fiesta folks will chime in and want this kit too. I assume, since springs and dampers are being replaced, this kit would fit both the 2 and the Fiesta. Correct?

-Matt

I saw Matt's link on FiestaFaction.

I already have the FRPP suspension kit for my Fiesta, but if this kit had been an option at the time I would have definitely considered it. I already purchased two of the Corksport Mazda 2 torsion bars though...one for me and one for my girlfriend (both Fiesta). She's still considering a suspension upgrade, but I can't comment on how interested she would be in this kit. I'm not sure how many parts you have that would compatible with both the 2 and the Fiesta, but if there are enough it could be worth considering becoming a sponsor on FiestaFaction (required for selling as a vendor).

-Matt

For a fiesta to fit the front dampers they would have to run the Mazda 2 front springs. We found that the diameter of the spring at the strut is different for the Mazda 2.

-Derrick

For a fiesta to fit the front dampers they would have to run the Mazda 2 front springs. We found that the diameter of the spring at the strut is different for the Mazda 2.

-Derrick

Good point. I was thinking paired spring/damper combo, because that's what I'd be in for. I wasn't really thinking of the damper only option.

Good point. I was thinking paired spring/damper combo, because that's what I'd be in for. I wasn't really thinking of the damper only option.

I just wanted to make sure I put that out there. Nothing worse than someone getting a surprise on fitment.

-Derrick

I have 18 people down. Anyone else? I just need you to post up saying you are interested, there is no commitment.

Derrick

this probably dosent count, but i know 2-3 other mz2 owners in town here that would be interested. ill see if they wanna sign up on here!

not that this prolly helps. but if i had the money id deff be in!

this sounds like an amazing deal and since its CS i know there wont be disappointment.

What sort of damping curves and spring rates?

Any damper plots? High and low speed please. Range throughout adjustment settings.
Also, what spring rates?

And lastly, plots of yours vs. the B=Spec Billies.

Thanks.

I'll put up a post on the uk forums. See if theres any interest.
Would you need them as members on here or are you ok with names on their behalf?

Sure you can pop up on there anyways

Back