Added an after Market Sub...

Lee123

:
Mazda Speed6
Hi all
After buying my new MazdaSpeed6 that came with a Bose sound system, I thought...kewl...it shouldn't sound too bad. After a few days of listening...I decided I was wrong...I didn't like the idea of replacing the whole deck (lose the display and use of the sterring wheel controls etc) so I thought I would try and improve the bottom end by adding a sub.

I had an Alpine (type 'E' 10") sub (in a ported box) run by an Xtreme (XA-3002) 300 watt amp. Not the best setup I know, but I had a $400 dollar limit (the wife had spoken...doh). I have had sub's before but I am having trouble with this one. If I play with the settings I can get a song (or cd) to sound ok. Bass comes through and kicks quite well, but when another cd is played, I might have very little bass or WAY TOO MUCH. I just cannot get a happy medium.

I went through "Quality Auto Sound" and they setup it up so that the original sub still plays (for when I need the trunk space and have to remove the sub box temporarily) along with the new after market sub.

Any ideas on what I can do to improve my wonderful sound system...lol?

Thanks
Lee.

something like an mtx re-q would help. it basically pre amplifies the signal before the amp. theres a couple things like that out there, try crutchfield.

Back