Add an Amp. 2018 CX-5 Sport

I’m looking to add an amp and sub to my stock system. I’ve got a lot of experience installing with aftermarket head units, but never tried to add an amp to a stock head unit. I found these kits on Amazon, listed as working on 2013-2015 AND 2017-2019, depending on the list I look at on there. My big question is: Do the infotainment plugs match between 2013 & 2018? This seems like an easy option to get done what I’m trying to do if so. If not, could someone point me in the direction of something similar to this that would work?

Add An Amp Amplifier Adapter Interface to Factory OEM Car Stereo Radio System for select Mazda Vehicles- Add Subwoofer Bass Amp - No Factory Premium Amp- Vehicles listed below https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Can't answer your question directly regarding the harnesses. Are you trying to install a subwoofer with that amp or amplify the speakers?

If it's just the subwoofer route, you can just install an amplifier and pull signal from any of the speaker wires (primarily the one with the cleanest bass). Basically, install power wire, amplifier. Pull signal from a speaker and insert into hi level input. The rest should be easy if you've done installs. Personally would go that route for subs. Otherwise... amplifying the stock speakers, I cannot recommend if it's the stock system.

Just looking to add a 10” or 12” sub to the cargo area. I’ve gone the route of tapping into a speaker but doing so is pulling from only one channel so would prefer to tap in fully and let the amp convert the two channels to mono.

I see. Am unsure of harnesses. When I added an amp between the bose amp and the speakers, I manually rerouted everything with no harness. Was definitely a pain, but worth it. x.x

Regarding pulling two channels to mono, it doesn't really matter since your sub is mono anyway. Since you're not using a DSP or Headunit w/ DSP, I personally would just tap into a speaker real quick to get a bass signal. Saying this from experience; I had a Left RCA fail with only a Right output working. Still got the same bass signal.

I see. Am unsure of harnesses. When I added an amp between the bose amp and the speakers, I manually rerouted everything with no harness. Was definitely a pain, but worth it. x.x

Regarding pulling two channels to mono, it doesn't really matter since your sub is mono anyway. Since you're not using a DSP or Headunit w/ DSP, I personally would just tap into a speaker real quick to get a bass signal. Saying this from experience; I had a Left RCA fail with only a Right output working. Still got the same bass signal.
If tapping use the front speakers so you sub levels will be relative to the speakers closest to you.

Also tap both and sum as post vinyl recording will often have stereo bass rather than centres bass mixes.

Personally If tapping into these units I’d use adapters suchas sorche or meta harnesses.

Haven’t done the CX5 yet but on the list for speaker and amp replacement and sun addition.

You'll want to find a T-Harness that is compatible with your car. I've had awesome luck with the https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) in my other Mazda's, but I don't if or when they changed the plugs. The T-Harness makes the installation E-A-S-Y. No cutting, no splicing, no wiring, no figuring out which wire is which, just plug in and go. (Yes, you'll still need to run power wire though).

Thanks guys. After being recommended the PAC and realizing that the plugs are likely different on the 18+, I was able to find the wiring schematics for the TCU and will be tapping in under the dash at the same place the PAC would be added. Will update with photos of my journey next week when I am working on the install!

Since the PAC won't work for you, for a line out converter, I *highly* recommend one from AudioControl. The LC-2i is inexpensive (MSRP shown on website, you can often find it way cheaper), and absolutely top notch in performance. They also have other modules with more features, but anything they make, you absolutely will be pleased.

Since the PAC won't work for you, for a line out converter, I *highly* recommend one from AudioControl. The LC-2i is inexpensive (MSRP shown on website, you can often find it way cheaper), and absolutely top notch in performance. They also have other modules with more features, but anything they make, you absolutely will be pleased.
This I recommend for the cleanest bass signal. xD

Back