accessport vs TMIC

just want to know what one will see the most gains the safest was going to get the AP but found TMIC would also be go so far all i have done is cobb sri

go with the ap first...then when you add the tmic, you will be able to tune for it and see more gains then just simply bolting it on. The Ap is also awesome to have because it monitors everything for you. I am currently fully bolted to the point where my next mod would have to be big turbo, and to this day, best mod on my car is the Cobb Ap, followed by the pg manifold, then the downpipe, and fmic. The AP responds really well to mods especially the intake. Hope this helps

go with the ap first...then when you add the tmic, you will be able to tune for it and see more gains then just simply bolting it on. The Ap is also awesome to have because it monitors everything for you. I am currently fully bolted to the point where my next mod would have to be big turbo, and to this day, best mod on my car is the Cobb Ap, followed by the pg manifold, then the downpipe, and fmic. The AP responds really well to mods especially the intake. Hope this helps

would you decision be different if i say i can only get one and not the other?

I'll chime in here since I had one, and sold it for the other. I had the Ap last summer, and didnt care for the way the car drove, I belive they have worked those issues out though. When I had it the maps were v103, and the throttle response was all, or nothing, and it was a challenge to drive around town. I now have the tmic, and you can not tell the difference performance wise from the stock tmic & the ets. So if performance is what you're after you might want to hold off on the tmic, and go with the Ap.

with just my ets the upper rpms felt stronger and it boosted easier. heat soak was diminished greatly, but not defeated.

Well heat soak is unavoidable FMIC or TMIC both have their advantages and disadvantages, both needs the vehicle to be moving otherwise doesn't make any difference in my opinion, cuz the ETS even states it has be moving greater then 50mph to make any real "gain" claims.

i think im gonna go with the ETS most of my driving is on the highway, and i have heard good things about it and most people say you get about 20 hp this is my DD so im not heavily modding it or i would get the accessport

Well heat soak is unavoidable FMIC or TMIC both have their advantages and disadvantages, both needs the vehicle to be moving otherwise doesn't make any difference in my opinion, cuz the ETS even states it has be moving greater then 50mph to make any real "gain" claims.

gonna have to disagree here. a fmic is not sitting directly on top of the engine block. yes BATs climb in traffic, but the second you step on the throttle, they plummet back to almost ambient since the core itself isnt 200 degrees. cant say that about a tmic....

OP get the ap

On the point of heat transfer you are correct, but when both are moving and air is being pushed through both units they both will help, personally I think the TMIC is much more efficient just because the air doesn't have to travel all the way around before it goes back into the engine, to help with better response, but again that's just me.

gonna have to disagree here. a fmic is not sitting directly on top of the engine block. yes BATs climb in traffic, but the second you step on the throttle, they plummet back to almost ambient since the core itself isnt 200 degrees. cant say that about a tmic....

OP get the ap

Go with the AP best bang for your buck mod (in my eyes)

your on a family trip or long drive, switch to economy mode
you want some power switch to w/e tune you have the mods for.

FMIC would be my second mod for sure if i had a ms3.

Go with the AP best bang for your buck mod (in my eyes)

your on a family trip or long drive, switch to economy mode
you want some power switch to w/e tune you have the mods for.

FMIC would be my second mod for sure if i had a ms3.

dont ever go into economy mode. its 1-2mpg tops and not worth risking lean afr's very advanced timing and minimal power in emergency situations

ive gotten 31mpg on a protune. right foot dictates mpg, not the ecu

@spdjnky - yes they are both efficient. but a fmic will give you a larger core, and more cooling as it is directly in the airflow path. lag is minimal. and a tmic will take 10 minutes at highway speeds to cool down after sitting in traffic, wheras the fmic drops within seconds

im goin with the TMIC this is the last power mod i plan on doing so i would need the accessport my goal was to get at least 260whp and im happy for a DD

I too will make this my VERY LAST mod, I think it will make it just right for everyday driver and still be reliable. (eekdance)

im goin with the TMIC this is the last power mod i plan on doing so i would need the accessport my goal was to get at least 260whp and im happy for a DD

Latest posts

Back