• 2004 Mazda 3

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • 2003 Protege ex

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

simple_MZ3

:
2004 Mazda 3 SP5
Hey guys i'm new to the forum as you can see. I'm looking for opinions about a purchase i am going to make within the next few weeks. I have Around $8500 to buy a car. Now its getting tough deciding whether i should buy a 2004 Mazda 3 sp5 or a 2003 Mazda Protege ex. The debate i have in my mind is that if I buy the Mazda 3 well i won't have any money left over to make any mods, but if i buy the protege I will have about $3000 for mods. So i need your opinions.

my opinion is that mods on either aren't worth it. the protege isn't quite as nice but it has a better feel so at $3,000 difference get that.

Thanks for the advice bro.
I'm trying my hardest to find a msp, but there aren't many here in Puerto Rico.

I LOVE MY PROTEGE5! I'd say save the money and get a protege, if you can find one in nice shape they're better than a lot of 2010 cars ... in my opinion at least. A lot of people think I bought my car brand new, but it was five years old. Shop around and find a nice protege.

Get the Mazda 3 IMO. The interior is MUCH nicer, it will ride nicer, respond BETTER to mods (which I wouldn't recommend) and is just a better car overall. I love them and they are great little cars. Definitely a step up over the Pro. Think about taking a date in the car, would you rather a noisy highway car or a cruise more Lexus feeling car? If I were in your spot I would hop into a 3 no questions and NOT mod it. Maybe just do suspension work and engine it.

Aaron: If only that car was here in Puerto Rico. It would already be in my garage.

Avarela: To date that is my choice if i find one in good conditions.

Still searching... don't want to buy a lemon...

Back