A Picture Story

BigBlue

Contributor
Ok, first things first...if you don't like hearing personal stories then this is not the thread for you.

Second, it has nothing to do with cars, driving or anything else(ok there is one part that directly involves my MP3 as it turns out, but it's just one part).

Third...not sure what I'm looking for here...open discussion, opinions...hell you can flame me if you want just don't get too outta control here.

Alright? Let's begin!

There are two people I've hung out with for a few years. PJ and Navenka. They helped me through some bad stuff in my life and we're good friends. Here they are:
pjandnanki.jpg

Notice how chummy we all are? Oh and that's Francis in the middle...and Jackie on the far right. I get some total alone time out in the water with Shienna so that is really cool and we just get to talk some more. But even at the start, we keep our distance in the group thing as especially in her case she doesn't want people to talk.

PJ and Navenka have their own group of friends...as do I. Recently tho(like as in the last year), I've hung out with some of the other people in their group. There is Bexley and Sheila:
laandbex.jpg

Ron and Geraldine(who recently broke up...that sux, but life goes on I guess):
ronandgee.jpg

Wayne and Andrew...ok the previous ones were couples...these two are just getting a picture together...Andrew has a girl Jackie just couldn't find a shot of him alone with her:
wayneandandrew.jpg

And then Alfred pictured here with PJ:
alfredandpj_jpg.jpg

These are the principal players in this drama...well naturally there is one more of course and that would be Shienna. Even though I'd hung out with all these other people multiple times, Shienna and I had never met. It was just pure coincedence I guess and I didn't really know anything about her. You wanna see her don't you?? Believe me when I say pictures don't do her justice...actually I find that for a lot of people..but anyways here you go:
mary_jpg.jpg

Ok so flashback to about 3 weeks ago. I'm going blading with Ron and Bexley and Wayne. I get to the park and hmmm there is a girl there. Damn it's a pretty Filipino girl! So we start talking and immediately I feel a chemistry between us. Ummm ok if you didn't figure out yet that this girl was Shienna....please leave now! :p

So there I am, immediately I'm digging this girl. I'm single and I know that she isn't going out with any of the guys so I'm thinking she must be single(lucky me maybe). This is where I sorta veer from the norm for me. I'm pretty shy and closed about my feelings for girls but this time I'm like "no Ryan, grow a set dammit!" So I called up Ron and asked him outright if she was single. His response..no she has someone...sort of. Great, just my luck...I find a girl and she's taken. :( Ok, but notice he said sort of? I do some further investigation. Turns out that Shienna went back to the Phillipines in January. There she met a guy named Mark...an old school chum and they dated for a couple days(literally) and then she had to return. They now have a long distance relationship since then...he *may* come here one day, but if so it's a long way off, definitely not this year.

Well so I had to make a decision here. Normally I don't tell girl's if I like them...then for whatever reason I end up becoming their good friends and then there's never a chance as they just see me as a buddy. So I decide to go for it as I felt something between us and I tell her(over MSN mind you cuz that's the cool thing to do nowadays lol) and she is all surprised altho I suspect she isn't that surprised maybe.

So now all of a sudden there are some more "group" events that come up...and by chance or by fate...we both attend these things together....her now knowing I'm digging on her. We all go see Minority Report and then go out for a bit afterwards:

group2.jpg

Between this time myself and Shienna start talking on the phone and getting to know one another. I'm liking everything I'm hearing and really feeling a connection. We do the group thing and go to the beach:
group03.jpg

We get to hang out alone in the water which is fun cuz we can talk one on one. But even at this early point, we keep a respectful distance in the group dynamic as we don't want people to talk what with her having a bf even if he's around the world. Notice in this pic Ron has his arm around Nanki but I awkwardly don't put my arm around Shienna....believe me I wanted to!
group.jpg

This is where it starts to get really interesting so stay with me. A few of us...Alfred, Ron and Francis head over to Shienna's place to watch a movie. After the movie the other guys leave...it's about 12 am...I decide to stay and play some pool with Shienna. We've already talked a few times by this point and I know she feels the same way about me as I do about her. We play pool and flirt a bit...the whole time I'm asking her about her feelings as mine are openly on display. I can tell she feels awkward talking about them...but also can tell she does feel something. After pool we sit and talk for a long time. We also do some other stuff but it's not kissing or anything but I can't really say what we did exactly as you never know who reads this site right and I want to respect her privacy on that matter....by the time I left tho, I definitely knew what her feelings for me were. It ends up being that I leave at 5:30 am.

Last edited:
So the next day Alfred and Ron are being all nosy(they all know I like her a lot) and ask when I went home. We had mutually agreed we'd say I left around 1ish...so as not to make a big deal of it. What happens after is where the poo poo hits the fan. It turns out that Alfred liked Shienna....which I had no clue and had driven by her place as late as 3:30 in the morning and knew I was lying cuz he saw my MAZDA MP3 (oooh got it into the story!)...but I didn't know about all this till I few days later. So Alfred was mad at me and I didn't even know why. All of a sudden everyone in the group knew something a lot more than we had indicated for gossips sake was going on.

That part has worked out for the most part. I apologized to both Alfred and Ron for fibbing...but pointed out that we only did that because we didn't want people getting into something that wasn't there business. Alfred has been understanding and altho I feel badly about him liking her....well I sorta feel that he had his chance if he wanted to and did nothing even when she was single.

So where's that leave me? Well Shienna has affection for me...I'd be as bold to say that she feels the same way about me as I do about her. However she's a dedicated girl and altho it was a quick romance, she is dedicated to her current guy too sort of. I basically don't know what to do is what I'm saying here people and just want some input. This is what I want:

ryanandmary_jpg.jpg

Oh here's me and my bud Howie...what's it got to do with anything? Nothing but I just think it's a funny picture.

ryanandhowie_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Are you and Alfred good friends? If you are, you should not let her get in between you two. If you dont give a s*** about Alfred, go for her.

My point is your true friends should always come first. However Alfred should do the same for you if he is your friend.

Sum it up, if you dont like Alfred, go for her, if you do like him, neather of you should go for her.

By the way, she is cute;)

man this is WAY better than Real World or Big Brother!!!! :D :D

that first picture of Shienna you posted don't do her justice at all!!! She is a cutie!!!!!

I will throw my 2 nickels in here. I say DON'T throw away your chances with her. Both of you have shown your attraction to each other, so there's no problem there. It's the people surrounding you guys that are stirring things up.

Although the situation between you and your friend Alfred is quite tricky. 2 guys liking the same girl at once, geez that sounds kinda familiar to me :( (don't ask). I would let the girl decide who she picks (she did already right? :))

Keep working on her, but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, backstab/blackmail others to get to her, that will ruin it for everyone.

oh yeah, no matter what the turnout will be, enjoy this whole experience, this is what life is all about!!!! (well the MP3 should also be involved in there somehow)

good luck! :D

BigBlue,

Just have to say don't be TOO persistant. Take it easy, and like
the other thread that was talking about understanding women.
Just listen to her and don't rush. And if you feel those tingly
feeling inside.. Just lean over and kiss the girl... *sounds like a
disney movie*:rolleyes: who knows.. she'll kiss you back. But
ONLY when you get those feelings. If you feel insure of yourself
don't try it. Women know when your insecure. Well good luck
and welcome to the "FLIP" side.

disclaimer:

<font color=red>Don't hold me to my words. I'm not responsible if she slaps the
hell out of you when you try to kiss her. I'm just a stupid idiot
who likes to drive cars.</font>

RC

Todd said:
Are you and Alfred good friends? If you are, you should not let her get in between you two. If you dont give a s*** about Alfred, go for her.

My point is your true friends should always come first. However Alfred should do the same for you if he is your friend.

Sum it up, if you dont like Alfred, go for her, if you do like him, neather of you should go for her.

By the way, she is cute;)

Well I know Alfred...but we don't hang out much. We don't have talks with one another or anything...guess I'd call him more of an aquantaince..at least at this point...I'm sure I'll continue and become better friends with him eventually.

The thing is that he knows Shienna a lot mroe than I do...or has spent a lot more time anyhow with her. The only problem is that he never voiced his desire so I know she thinks of him as just a friend even if he doesn't feel the same....it's exactly why I told her my feelings up front...didn't want her to only think of me as a friend.

ZoomZoomH...I understand about the backstab thing...I hate people who try to build themselves up by stepping on others. In all of this, the others are trying to give me advice(they all think it's a bad idea for some pretty dumb reasons) and then also seem to be telling her how to run her life too. It's the interference that has got to me. I know I really like her a lot and if she were single it'd be so much easier.

Well I gotta say it...what we have done is have a few very slow, extremely charged dances together. I literally felt weak in the knees from them...I was that affected. At the end of the song we'd just stand and look in each other's eyes. But she has another, so nothing further happened altho it took all my power not to try and kiss her as I wanted.

Oh and I know for sure that Miss adragonfly(darn if I can't remember your first name right name) is Filipino unless I'm drunk...so if you could give me a good line to speak to her in her language...it'd be much appreciated...even if it's a whole paragraph of niceness...I can even compose it and you can just translate it and then I'll learn what I need to say. If anyone else knows the language...let me know!

Lol...well nothing like posting my deepest feelings on a public forum huh?

"Shienna, I know that I've only know you for a very short time, but in that time I feel I've grown very close to you. I cherish the time that we spend together and feel in my heart that I can make you happy and that you can do the same for me. I want you to know that I understand your current situation and even though it is not good for myself, I hold hope that there will be a day when we can be together and I will be able to hold you tightly in my arms again."

Good pictures to go with this soap!

Damn, that is some deep feelings displayed in public.... hehe.

My cousin told me recently that there is nothing wrong with stealing a girl from a guy (or vice versa). I think she's a bit too aggressive since she gets what she wants from her men most of the time. I, personally, think there is nothing wrong with trying to take a girl from a guy who you do NOT know. So for her man in the Philippines I'd say TOUGH LUCK (I see no stamp on her forehead with ownership)... go get her tiger! :D

I'd make sure things are squared off with Alfred though. If it turns out bad feelings between you two because of her then that's going to be tough to deal with. I have to deal with s*** like that now. Two people don't like each other because of the same girl so I have to split my time to hang out with two seperate groups of friends at seperate times. If they are together in a big group... the mood just sucks even if you two sit a 100 yards from each other.... That's just a bunch of :bs: , and gets really old after a FEW YEARS..... :mad:

LOL! Go easy guys...there aren't too many nice pictures of me...I'm just not a photogenic guy at all!

You were the only white guy in all those pics. There's nothing wrong with that, I just noticed that. You live in Winepeg? Is there a large Filipino population there? I gues it's like Hispanic in Texas maybe. I like hispanic girls myself. My wife is half Mexican. Or as she says, "Like a coconut, brown on the outside, white on the inside". lol! Just thought I'd throw that one in there. You all look like a cool bunch.

My friend finished translating it. Here it is.

Shienna, konting panahon pa lamang tayo nagkakilala, ngunit sa mga panahong ito naging malapit ako sa iyo. Pinakakatangi ko ang mga sandaling magksama tayo at naramdaman ko sa puso ko na napapaligaya kita at ganoon ka rin sa akin. Gusto kong malaman mo na lubos kong naiintindihan and pinagdadaanan mo ngayon and baitd kong hindi rin nakakabuti para sa akin ang mga nagyayari. Umaasa ako na darating ang panahon na magkakasama tayo nang lubusan at mayayakap na kita nag mahigpit .

Dammit, after reading all this, I feel like I need a big shot of testosterone. lol! Just kidding. I know how it is. The very beginning of a relation ship is the best part. Everything is new, and you are never arguing or anything. Guess what,....that goes away. But if you still really want to be with her even when she annoys, bugs, or gets on your nerves sometimes, that's when you know you should be together.

God, I love this board! :D That was a wonderful story, BigBlue. I say, just do what comes naturally. Stay true to yourself and respect others. Sounds hokey, but it works.

I think you two would make a beautiful couple! Hang onto your saddle, BigBlue, you're going for the ride of your life! (No, that was not meant to be dirty)

I think she likes your honesty and your obvious character. Keep being honest and love her with all your might. It's such a rare thing, don't let it go easily!

Best of luck,

Todd said:
My friend finished translating it. Here it is.

Shienna, konting panahon pa lamang tayo nagkakilala, ngunit sa mga panahong ito naging malapit ako sa iyo. Pinakakatangi ko ang mga sandaling magksama tayo at naramdaman ko sa puso ko na napapaligaya kita at ganoon ka rin sa akin. Gusto kong malaman mo na lubos kong naiintindihan and pinagdadaanan mo ngayon and baitd kong hindi rin nakakabuti para sa akin ang mga nagyayari. Umaasa ako na darating ang panahon na magkakasama tayo nang lubusan at mayayakap na kita nag mahigpit .

Wow, that's some pretty deep tagalog! I can speak several Filipino languages despite the fact that I've spent most of my life here and not in the Philippines, but even I'm impressed with how articulate your friend is, Todd. Ryan, might be late to ask this, but are you sure she speaks tagalog and not another dialect? There are hundreds of different ones, some so different that people who speak one dialect can't communicate at all with people who speak another. You might want to check to be sure.:)

Thanks a ton Todd....although I didn't understand too much of the translation(I know a word or two only lol), when I sent it to Shienna she was impressed with how well translated it was.

As for the situation...it's still totally up in the air. I know this much...she doesn't want people talking about us...so while we will be on the phone talking together, we can talk freely, she is very distant when we are in a group setting.

An example. Yesterday I spoke with her on the phone for a good while in the afternoon. At night it was a celebration for both Bexley and Ron for their birthdays. On the phone we discussed all sorts of stuff. When I have questioned her at all about her feelings towards me she is very close-lipped tho and reluctant to talk about that. I draw my own conclusions, but my heart tells me that she still has the same feelings, just doesn't think it fair to me to tell me about that when she has a guy and also doesn't want to lead me on. I can respect that.

At the bar tho, in terms of anything between us, it kinda sucked. I had a lot of fun, but pretty much I danced solid from 10:30 till 2:00 and so did she. She'd do the usual bit of bumping and grinding(well not really full out grinding, but you should know what I mean) with pretty much all the other guys out there....but conspicously never even made eye contact with me the whole night. I felt really bad and just stopped looking at her as well. My friend Navenka even went right up to me and asked me what was wrong with us as we were pretty much ignoring one another. I didn't really know what to say. Still had fun without her attention, but I could really tell she was bending over backwards to avoid any contact with me so as not to encourage gossiping.

Back