A/C vent selector question

duke594

Contributor
I had the TSB performed where the vent selector won't stay on the full defrost setting. They replaced a part in the selector and now defrost works correctly. The question I have though is now when I go the other way and select the dash vents only the heat/ A/C blow about 75% dash and 25% floor. I don't remember this being the case before ( I use the dash vent selector a lot). Has anyone noticed this? Is this normal operation for the CX-5?

I assume you have manual AC/heating control. No, this is definitely not right and your intuition was correct. Somehow your dealer screwed something up while doing the TSB fix (I believe it's the length of a control cable). Take it back to your dealer and have them fix it.

Yes, I have manual controls (Forgot to mention that). Thanks for the reply. I believe I will take it back and have them look at it again.

Yes, I have manual controls (Forgot to mention that). Thanks for the reply. I believe I will take it back and have them look at it again.

I have the same problem, full defrost will work but the button is so losses. Can you maybe give me the TSB number?

Same problem also. When I took it in before, they replaced a wire, which helped a little bit, but still feel some air blowing towards the floor, when AC is on, it's noticeable, but regularly, not too noticeable.

Think the TSB was.... TSB 07-001/14

So I took my car back to the dealership and it turned out to be the new part they installed during the TSB wasn't adjusted correctly. Now everything is working normal again.

I had the TSB performed where the vent selector won't stay on the full defrost setting. They replaced a part in the selector and now defrost works correctly. The question I have though is now when I go the other way and select the dash vents only the heat/ A/C blow about 75% dash and 25% floor. I don't remember this being the case before ( I use the dash vent selector a lot). Has anyone noticed this? Is this normal operation for the CX-5?

Yeah, the HVAC sucks in the CX-5. People say it's normal, but I've never had a vehicle like this before. It blows from every vent when you set it on dash. The dealership told me they had multiple questions about it, and checked new CX-5's on the lot, and they all do it.

Yeah, the HVAC sucks in the CX-5. People say it's normal, but I've never had a vehicle like this before. It blows from every vent when you set it on dash. The dealership told me they had multiple questions about it, and checked new CX-5's on the lot, and they all do it.

I agree, the HVAC does leave a little to be desired. Even cheap cars like an old 2002 Civic have electrical actuators for the vent selection instead of a cheap cable which sometimes requires adjustment.

My CX-5 also blew air out of every vent from the factory floor and the dealer wouldn't fix it under bumper to bumper warranty (he said it was an adjustment).

I fixed it myself in ~20min.
I took out the glove box, disconnected one end of the selector cable and trimmed the cable housing just a little bit. Anyone familiar with adjusting gears/breaks on bicycles should have zero problems doing this fix.

Back