A/C Button Flickering!

jerseymods

:
2003.5 Titanium Grey MSP
I have searched the forum and noticed that this issue has occurred with other people's a/c units where the A/C button begins to flicker when you set the speed to 2 or 3. I have seen a couple of fixes for this problem but want to know the best updated method to address this issue. Some solutions include soldering weak connections, but do not permanently fix the issue. Another method that came across was adding resistors in line with the a/c controls themselves, which seems promising but I am still unsure. The last solutions that came about was purchasing a whole new HVAC control unit itself.

What I am looking for is any updated solutions. Thanks.

My 02 P5 had that problem but my MSP has never done it. I would just look for another 03.5 ac control head, must be from a Protege ES, Protege5 or MSP.

I am also interested int this since tryin some of the other methods have failed to corect mine...2 3 dont blow cold and 4 has completly failed all together fan wont turn on at all

I took apart the knob where the wires plug in to and bent the three contact points up to make contact and cleaned it all up with some steel wool. Seems over time the contact points get worn out and if you just bend them back up it works again...and it only took me three years since i got my msp to figure it out lol first time ever all four of my fan speeds blow cold air

Back