99-00 Mazda Protege Fog Lights

:
Mazda Protege DX
I have a 2000 Mazda Protege DX (Base Model) I'm looking for a pair of fog light for this car. The production year of the car is 99 so i believe this is the part number 0000-8Z-C01A. I searched the forum and found that http://onlinemazdaparts.com has them but i emailed them it seems that it is NLA.

Here is my question,

Part # 0000-8Z-C01A
1. Where can i buy this kit? ( for a good price of course )

2. Does it include switches and relay and stuff? ( My Protege doesn't have any switch )

3. For Installation, Do i need to take off bumper again?

Heres a few picture of my protege, I just got it from my parents, changed a few things on it myself but i would love to have a pair of fog lights too haha.

img0138oo.jpg

img0330oj.jpg

img0333o.jpg

thanks a bunch for posting the link, but what parts exactly should we be buying to make our headlamps look like yours?
thanks a bunch for posting the link, but what parts exactly should we be buying to make our headlamps look like yours?
ok since alot of people are asking... let me just post here! maybe i'll do a seperate guide but for now its here. Below are some general requirements

Before you actually decided on buying you must first know the following.
Which do you prefer more? Performance or Easy Installation?

For Mazda Protege, I recommend the following projector.
Morimoto Bi-Xenon Stage III Kit (D2s)
Easy Installation - Yes, as it doesn't require permanent modifications to your headlight. It is pretty much plug and play.
Performance - Mid Range
Price - Cheaper then FX-R
Beam Pattern - Not so wide, but its alot better then reflector, and it may out perform some projector out there.

FX-R Stage III Projector
Easy Installation - No, It require you to permanent modifications to your headlight unit if your a diy type of guy you can go for this one.
Performance - Best
Price - Most Expensive
Beam Pattern - Best! It will perform alot better then most of the projector out there.

Before you go any further with this... heres a few things you will have to know
1. Taking off the front bumper of your car
2. Taking off the headlights
3. Opening the headlights
4. Some Sanding/Cutting will be required

Above are some choice you have, but projector is not the only thing you must consider when your buying the kit. Ballast and Hid Bulb comes into question as well
There are couple of choice offered here.

35Watt Ballast Vs 55Watt Ballast
Besides the obvious difference in wattage, your hid will be brighter when you use the 55 watt ballast, but it will burn the bulb faster + more heat. Having a 55 Watt Ballast doesn't mean your HID will be much brighter then the 35, it is brighter but not MUCH brighter.

3Five vs 5Five HID Bulb
I still remember when i was doing research on these before, I have found people saying the 5Five bulb are about 20-30% brighter then the 3Five, and it is definitely noticeable when you have a 55W Ballast attached to it. Again if you want best performance and dont mind spending the money go for these .

On My Protege I have Morimoto Bi-Xenon Stage II Kit with 35Watt Ballast and 5000K 3Five Bulb.

If anyone is interested i'll write a more detail introduction to each, I left shroud/wiring relay out, cuz i think a general idea is good enough for now lol let me know tho

so sorry to hijack your wtb thread, but thanks a lot for posting! the more details you can provide, the better. finally, some love for us 99-00 protege owners!!!

If you ever find the fog lights, I would be interested in one of your grill inserts that cover the fog light hole.

what exactly are you looking for? Which fogs? I have some old ones that you may be interested in. Ill get a pic if youd like.

Back