74.00.324A Touchscreen question (2015 CX-5)

Hi All - Last year I updated our 2015 CX5 to 74.00.324A and installed a Chinese/Aliexpress USB module and its all working like a dream. Carplay is so good especially for long trips (Just did 1500kms around the South Island of NZ towing a Caravan).

I read the hidden menu option to enable the touchscreen while driving but I didn't read the bit saying that couldn't be enabled after you'd alread done the update.

Has anything changed here?? Is there anyway to enable the touchscreen while driving as while the Jog Dial is pretty good there are times when one touch on the screen while driving is a lot less dangeround than playing with the dial.

Bugger, figured that might be the reply. Its a shame as doing voice navigation with apple maps is good but i prefer google maps as the POI is so much more powerful.

Right. And almost all manufacturers now have moved to touch while Mazda intentionally blocks it in US

Pretty weak sauce. I can understand the desire to have users focus on driving but they provide the Jog shuttle wheel (Not sure what its name is) and that is more likely to make me stare at the screen to hit the right option than the quick glance a touch requires.

Back