626 manifold quetsion....yet another thread

oh no, it doesn't....you gotta buy it separate
what i meant is that i could swap and see what's up!
if i blow my engine i hope you guys chip in with money~
lol

I have been following everything, I plan on installing a extrude honed 626 mani within the next couple months. I hope that by that time all the kinks with you guys and your manifolds have been worked out, either way I'm doing it though so I guess I'll see what happens first hand.

Edit: Oh yeah....how about that right side tailight Alejo? (poke)

Last edited:
Cool man, let me know what shipping will be to 45224 and I'll send the money via Paypal (unless you prefer another method of payment).

:End Threadjack:

so anyways, back on topic

the CEL that i got after the eManage is gone, i didn't have time to check what was that all about!
pisses me off....anyways

car is running poorly, i'm kinda blaming the o2 modifier tho, probably i installed it wrong.
i guess is back to the drawing board

Update from me:

The car had become lazy after a few hundred miles. i did reset the ECU last night, and the car is back to it old vigor again!!

woohoo. Just don't know why . . . (scratch)

First order of business is to fix the boost leak(s).

Still have the cold bog. . . . strange it doesn't persist once the car is warmed up. That part I don't understand. Something to do with the cold start parameters I guess. Really, the bog isn't noticeable as long as you take it easy when you first start it, and go easy when you shift.

i still dont understand.
what manifold r u using?

and also, this morning the car bogged so much it shut off on me...

is was very humid out tho

my car was running like s*** to, so i resetted the ECU,
i'm running emanage tho, prolly is the stupid o2 modifier that is not working
hotrodf1 said:
Update from me:

The car had become lazy after a few hundred miles. i did reset the ECU last night, and the car is back to it old vigor again!!

woohoo. Just don't know why . . . (scratch)

First order of business is to fix the boost leak(s).

Still have the cold bog. . . . strange it doesn't persist once the car is warmed up. That part I don't understand. Something to do with the cold start parameters I guess. Really, the bog isn't noticeable as long as you take it easy when you first start it, and go easy when you shift.

Hmmmm, interesting. I know Alejo said that he didn't have this problem when he removed the VICS and VTCS from the stock manifold but since I first heard about this bogging problem I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with the stock tuning of the ECU during the period of warming up when you first start the car.

What I mean is that maybe the ECU is causing the car to bog when cold because it's still tuned to utilize the factory manifold's VTCS. When those flaps are closed the engine is getting less air than when they are open right? Regardless of what the MAF sees, the ECU probably compensates for the lesser amount of air by pulling some "x" amount of fuel when the car is cold to compensate. Maybe the bogging comes from too much air coming into the engine and not enough fuel because the ECU still thinks that VTCS is present when it's not. That would kind of explain why the car starts to run normally when it finally heats up since at that point the VTCS flaps are wide open and there is no restricting of the air.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say? (dunno)

Last edited:
dude i think a lot of your issues are because your running an 02 simulator, its been proven for a few years now that an 02 simulator makes protege's run like crap and causes nothing but problems. The spark plug non-fouler has had vastly more success. I would give that a try. Also, removing the vics from your ride is generally a bad idea, you will have basically no bottom end if you do that. You should have scanned the code so that you could see what was wrong with your car at the time. I believe your older 626 manifold swap was a good experiment but it seems to me like its brought more problems than it is worth. I dont mean to pick apart your car man but damn your even running a greddy e-manage, hasnt that already been established that it takes way more effort for it to be tuned correctly and produces less favorable results than most of the ems systems out there? So yeah you've got a lot of stuff to workout, it could be a ton of different things and its hard to diagnose with all unorthodox mods you have on your car. Best of luck man, I hope you get it running strong again soon.

you might actually be right....
one thing tho..the bogging is only and i emphazise this ONLY when engine is cold...

i have nothing but good things to say about this intake manifold...not becaus ei installed and dont wanna be embarrased, but because it does work, just like the one from PG

on the emanage thing, you are right too....many have tried and failed...but heck...maybe i'm stubborn enough to make it work.....all in all, my experience is your gain.
now, i'm not saying go all out and buy a pre 01 626 manifold...
i'm happy with the way it works...

now the dyno thing...kinda hard, i shoudlv'e done a BEFORE and AFTER....but i didn't have the cash for a dyno run of that magnitude, sorry...my mistake...

on the butt dyno it feels stronger tho....but we have to keep in mind that most likely i had boost leak before the swap and the improvement seems to be from not having a leak anymore.

i love the fact that it works...maybe port and polish can yield better results,.

also, we need a guinea pig that would do a pre swap and after swap dyno run,until then it is still unknown of the performance improvements of this mod.

it might be an actual downgrade or it could be an upgrade....it all depends on the dyno.

sorry, not for now....that's a personal server and its been down until ******* comcast decides to connect my internetz

does that how-to link work yet? I really want to do this because there was 3 626 at the junkyard with the IM intact... the closest one being the 97 626... so if you can get that link or even a short how to on this thread would be nice...

how much are IM ideally at junkyards??

Back