6.5" component front door plates, PICS!!!

nikbrewer

Here are pics of my front speaker pltes for the 4 speker system. I will have to cut out some of the plastic, but they should fit in there just like the bose subwoofers do. hopefully i will get to install them thus weekend

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

i machined thes out on my work cnc. i will have pics of the rear tonight, as they show hiw i mounted the crossover to the back on a small ramp of wood, making a true drop in system.

Coool, I personally want to fit some 8 inch subs in there.

Those KEV series speakers sound great too, I want the tweets to replace ones I have in the doors already, are you worried about the sound stage?

Last edited:
IM NOT TO WORRIED ABOUT SOUND STAGE, THE SWIVEL UP AROUND 30 DEGREES, SO THEY WILL FACE UP A GOOD ABOUT. i I dont know a whole lot about sound stages, but dont people put tweets down i the kick panels some times, so i dont this should sound to bad. My main concern is STEALTH, i want a full system with no signs i have done anything. have you seen the post on my spare tire mounted sub?

here are the pics of the speaker plates

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Yeah, I did, just for me the sound coming from the bottom part of the car is annoying, I have Pioneer tweets mounted low in the doors and I'm looking to mount some higher up, and they swivel up just like yours.

well, i installed my componets in the front doors this weekend. They fit perfect and sound great. I dont have an amp on them yet. If any one want s a good upgrade fr the stock stereo, this would be it. I would recomend compnets with a lower rms wattage though, becaue i do have a noticable lack of base, just due the the head unit hot having enough power to drive the speaker. the tweeters sound great though. here are some pics. i put about 10-12 square feet of edead in each door, then a little foam behind the speaker.

IMG_0092.jpg

this shows my sound deadening

IMG_0095.jpg

this shows how i cut the inner door

IMG_0096.jpg

this is a test fit of the speakers

IMG_0100.jpg

this is the finished product

Looks great... my compliments sir. I am going to try this before dealing with mounting a speaker high on a pillar or something. You are supposed to keep you tweeter within 6 inches of the mid driver for best sound stage, but these are so low I'm not sure. Definitely going to try it out FIRST though. Great work.

PS, I saw your sub install... do you get any sound out of that with the cargo cover down? That seems like it would rattle like mad?

I have not powered up the sub yet. how ever, i did install it and run about 10' of speaker wire to my amp in my other car. tested it that way. it rattled a little bit. now i have placed 1/2 thick weather stripping on the bottom of the cargo cover to 1) raise it up so the sub wont hit it at full excusion, and 2) to keep he plastick of the cover and the storage binds from rattling, caus ei noticed when i turned the cargo cover over (carpet side down) there was no rattle. Hopefully everything will be working this weekend

Out of curiousity, where did you mount the crossovers?

Edit: nevermind, I see them in the photo now (dur). Any concerns about moisture where the are placed?

Last edited:
Not Really, They Are Still Inside The Plastic Inner Doorm, They Don Project Past The Metal, So Worst Case The Door Might Get Some Mouisture, And It Might Maybe Condense On The Stuff, But I Have Never Had Any Electronics Fail Insife A Door, And I Never Use Those Splash Guards

I actually bought some tweeter's seperate and mounted them up in the little black panel by the window.

Where the yellow dot is near the front door area in this picture. That black piece pops right out and you can run speaker wire up from the door speaker to it.

interiorspkr.jpg

I don't know if the sound stage is that good, but it worked. I wanted to do some 3.5"s in the dash like the Bose system had but 1) its hard to find decent 3.5"s that can take good wattage and 2) the dash is a pita to take apart and I figured I would have to take almost the whole thing out.

Last edited:
I actually bought some tweeter's seperate and mounted them up in the little black panel by the window.

Where the yellow dot is near the front door area in this picture. That black piece pops right out and you can run speaker wire up from the door speaker to it.

interiorspkr.jpg

I don't know if the sound stage is that good, but it worked. I wanted to do some 3.5"s in the dash like the Bose system had but 1) its hard to find decent 3.5"s that can take good wattage and 2) the dash is a pita to take apart and I figured I would have to take almost the whole thing out.

Can you post pics of your front tweeters installed? I am planning to do the exact same thing! :)

You Had Room To Flush Mount Them, Or Did You Surface Mount Them, I Know Mine Would Not Fit Flush. The Sound Shage Is Pretty Decent. Its Amazing How Little Highs The Stock Speakers Had

I want to bring up my current tweeters, this location was my second choice, my first choice was the little window plastic things, but then I would have to run wire, something I don't want to do.
You can probably get some of it in the plastic plate, not all of it, maybe half or so.

the tweeters are flush mounted, but they are like 1mm too deep and stick out a just a tiny bit. I've considered trying to make it blend better, but the gap is so small I don't notice it unless I'm staring at my tweeters and it doesn't bother me.

I really wanted to put 8" subs in the front doors, but there would be no midrange up front without other speakers somewhere else... and I didn't want to figure out how to custom fit/modify things to fit some sort of midrange speaker in the front of the car.

I'll post pictures later today.

tweeter3.jpg

tweeter2.jpg

the gap.
tweeter1.jpg

They are Kenwood tweeters as you can see, I can't remember what the exact model/mounting depth. I had the idea to do this and just went to the local stereo shop to pick some up.

Thank you! I have a set of infinity components that I'm almost ready to install and I will definitely be doing the same. Honestly, I could live with that gap too! If you hadn't taken the photo from exactly that angle, I never would have known!

Thanks again for the pics.

Back