3rd row seat won't fold down?

lepage

:
Mazda 5 2007, Mazda 3 2004
Hi, I tried doing a search, but I can't see anyone else with this problem. We have a 2007. One of our 3rd row seats is stuck and it won't fold down. The other side opens and closes just fine, but this one doesn't release when the strap is pulled. It was fine the last time we opened it. Any suggestions?

THANK YOU!

bigger hammer?

i really dont know what to say. does it move when you pull on the strap on the back of the seat? does it make a sound at all?

Humm, I have a similar problem. Pull the strap, there's a clunking sound like the spring-operated release isn't engaging properly. If I wiggle and give the seat a good push, it will fold down, but it's a pain. The release cable may be stretched? If I could remove the felt backboard, I'd have a better idea of what's going on. Does anyone know how to remove this without destroying it?

Have you checked to make sure the second seat is scooted forward a notch or two? I can't fold mine down when the rear seat is at the rearmost position and/or is slightly reclined....

There are no obstructions. When the seats are in the upright position, one side appears to be misaligned. I have to assume something heavy hit it or maybe someone pushed on the seat without pulling the strap. This may have impacted the locking mechanism. I looked into removing the backing plate of the seat but it looks like you can only get to it by removing the seat cover and padding first. It looks like it's going to stay that way for a while.

Ours were slightly misaligned too, but I just pushed on one until they lined up. Sounds like you could simply remove the seat and check the mechanism. There's only a few bolts that hold it in place.

Ah, the seat. I was thinking the only way to access it was to remove the backing. I'll remove it check it out. After that, I have to check the actuators..annoying

Back