#327 is gone

holy hell dude. dude's right though, it's only a car. you can always get another car, but we can't get another you. :) just a thought. glad to hear you made it out of the accident alright.

is it just me, or did anyone elses dealershit tell them our motors were on a slide and would fall out of the bottom of the car before coming into the firewall? if that's true and it wasn't just my scrappy stealershit then you should sue

Haven't heard anything so I couldn't tell ya. Put my car on jack stands today after dragging it behind the shop. Floor around the driver is crushed in, motor is sideways in the bay, turbo crushed into the block. Transmission is broken, so is the oil pan. Front shocks and struts are blown, sway bar is intact, hehe. On the rear of the car both tires were pushed into the rear of the fender walls, trailing arms bent, bushings holding the rear sway are broken. Pretty sure it's going to be totalled. I'm going to try for another MSP, but I'm looking at the Getta GLI's. Only 5000 made, custom 18" wheels, recaro seats, six speed, lsd, lowered with eibach suspension pieces. Looks pretty nice. If not that I'll be after an srt-4 or an STI.

noclue says mitsu is going to go under soon so i dont know about getting a evo ide rather get the sti myself.

If they total it think i could get the o2 sensors?

Glad you made it out ok.... makes me feel better knowing that im well protected everyday when i drive amongst the morons on the road.
I hope you can sue and get money out of it, but it will probably take a year or more. Id suggest buying something cheap for now, and then trying to get settlement money later.. and whatever you do, DONT BUY A CAR WITH SETTLEMENT MONEY.
Invest it in low risk mutuals, or a 401k, and let the money grow and grow. Or use it to buy a house, pay for college, or something worthwhile.

I hear about it all the time someone gets a fat settlement then blows it all on another new car, and loses about 30% from depreciation. Use it wisely!

Which 02 sensor would you want Tyrant? The 2nd O2 is fubar. I'm glad the chassis was so well designed, I always knew it was a safe car.

Glad ur okay. With all the totalled MSPs I don't think anyone has been hurt seriously (knock on wood).

Dude F the SRT and the crap VW....just MO. I've had a few beers so I can spout off a bit. (blah) You want quality stay away from the SRT and the VW. STI or MSP is the way to go. Maybe the 2 door sion with a supercharger or what about getting a beater for a while and go for a Supra when they come out. Also isn't the Skyline coming soon?

sorry to hear about this, glad to see your ok. I hate to see pics of our car beat up, I can almost feel it.

The engine will not drop down in the speeds during an accident. That is the mazda 6 with it's new design, peddles break away, floor drops, engine drops or something like that.

The guys are right about wasting settlement money on a new car. Bad idea. Take part of it, use it for a downpayment to get your monthly down maybe. But investing in a home or something is the way to do it in the long run.

Whatever you do, stick around if you can, and let us see the new wheels.....try to resist the srt4. Personally, I'd wait and see what the mazdaspeed 3 or 6 is like before buying anything now.

II-Savy said:
Dude F the SRT and the crap VW....just MO. I've had a few beers so I can spout off a bit. (blah) You want quality stay away from the SRT and the VW. STI or MSP is the way to go. Maybe the 2 door sion with a supercharger or what about getting a beater for a while and go for a Supra when they come out. Also isn't the Skyline coming soon?
Is a US version of the Skyline coming out? I lived in Japan for 3 yrs and I almost brought one back with me. That might be the only car I would trade in my MSP for.

jurgs01 said:
Is a US version of the Skyline coming out? I lived in Japan for 3 yrs and I almost brought one back with me. That might be the only car I would trade in my MSP for.
Yea I believe it is....it will be much different but whatever......I think 2007? Someone help here.

Isurance is supposed to put you back in a car similar to the one you have. Mke them find a 2003 ES protege and pay a shop to convert it to MSP specs if not better and bill the insurance. They have to put you back in a car similar to the one you lost.

I sont understand why some drivers risk s*** happening on the road. I mean seriously why do some people have to take such risks on the road to get from A to B. I'm really sorry about your MSP, it's a beautiful car and I find that you had the nicest looking colour.

Mikey444 said:
I sont understand why some drivers risk s*** happening on the road. I mean seriously why do some people have to take such risks on the road to get from A to B. I'm really sorry about your MSP, it's a beautiful car and I find that you had the nicest looking colour.
I don't think people risk things as much as they don't pay attention to what's going on. For example, this weekend, part of town lost electricity leaving a good amount of street lights out. Most people would stop and treat it like a four way stop, while others would just drive through not noticing what's going on. Those are the drivers that cause most accidents as they don't even notice a stop light not working and cars stopping in an orderly fashion.

It's not that bad, they just forgot to put a real interior in it. I've rented cars with better interiors.

Back