$3000 over MSRP on MS3 at S.Indiana dealership

I stopped by Craig and Landreth Mazda in southern Indiana after being called about a cosmic blue MS3 they just got in. I've been looking at the Mazdaspeed6 and 3 along with some other cars, but wanted to drive the MS3 before making any decisions. They've been telling me that the car would be sold at MSRP and that I could take a test drive as soon as it came in. They even called me Friday to tell me I could test drive once they got it ready. Appearently the owner of the dealership decided after it was ready that he was the only one who could drive it and that no test drives would be allowed. Then he also decided to stick a $3000 premium on it. They seemed somewhat flexible on the $3000, but I'm not paying $1 over MSRP, so it didn't matter to me. I just wanted to give some info on pricing for those awaiting their MS3's. Good luck.

Just wait ,the price will come down when they find out no one is willing to pay 3k over list . Hell they may even have to lower it below list . I would by that one anyway ,sound like the owner wants the car for themselves .it will have the s*** beat out of it anyway . Try another dealership

You'd have to be insane to pay a premium for it, much less $3,000. The prices will come down with time for sure.

DAWIV said:
You'd have to be insane to pay a premium for it, much less $3,000. The prices will come down with time for sure.

they read fanboy boards like this and realize that people will pay the premium.

it's just their way of testing the water, requiring you to put your money where your mouth is.

it wont be long before they sell close to invoice.

I don't know about this being a fanboy board, but they are not being different than any other dealer that has a chance to sell something that has not been on the market yet. Fortunately, if your willing to to shop around, you'll find a dealer that realizes its not something made by Enzo Ferrari!

MSRP on the MS3 is only in the $2k range above invoice. I think that any dealer marking these cars at over MSRP is shooting themselves in the head, or the dealer's punk son wants one. I actually paid just under MSRP for my GT (still waiting for delivery) but it seems that Mazda actually thought out the MSRP on the MS3 and it beats the price of many of the competitors that have questionable quality.

actually on the grand touring model theres only about $1400 in markup......they were tacking $800 over msrp here in tn.....i bought for $500 under msrp.....

Just wait 6-10 months when the new lancers/srt-4/wrx comes out, then the ms3 fire will die down completely. Mazda really only got a 6 month head start on the rest of the competition. Don't pay over msrp for any automobile.

The dealership is already calling me to ask if I'd be interested in the MS3 if they'd lower the premium. So much for them selling it over the weekend even with a $3000 markup.

ghetto waggon said:
they read fanboy boards like this and realize that people will pay the premium.

it's just their way of testing the water, requiring you to put your money where your mouth is.

it wont be long before they sell close to invoice.

If the fanboys will pay a premium, why has everybody here said that they WON"T pay over MSRP. If they DO read the forums, that will be the dominant message. Yeah, they are raising the idiot flag to see if anybody salutes. Most of the time, I'm sure it just brings in the backwards cap boys asking for a test ride. As for selling at invoice soon seems unlikely. Might see some S-Plan by Spring. Wish I could've waited, but I'm too impatient.

lol.
even though i dont like the hacth i would consider a cosminc blue for 500 or more under Invoice.

beware of inflated prices

netsatwork said:
I stopped by Craig and Landreth Mazda in southern Indiana after being called about a cosmic blue MS3 they just got in. I've been looking at the Mazdaspeed6 and 3 along with some other cars, but wanted to drive the MS3 before making any decisions. They've been telling me that the car would be sold at MSRP and that I could take a test drive as soon as it came in. They even called me Friday to tell me I could test drive once they got it ready. Appearently the owner of the dealership decided after it was ready that he was the only one who could drive it and that no test drives would be allowed. Then he also decided to stick a $3000 premium on it. They seemed somewhat flexible on the $3000, but I'm not paying $1 over MSRP, so it didn't matter to me. I just wanted to give some info on pricing for those awaiting their MS3's. Good luck.
I have first choice on a ms3 and visited the dealer yesterday to look at the only one they have so far, Silver gt with nav. I wanted the cosmic blue gt without nav. After talking it over with the sales manager about trading in my perfect Protege 5 (36,000 miles), he came back with an offer of, get this, $36,000 with a line threw it, then $31000 for the ms3, and $5500 for my protege! I promptly told him to pound sand, I WILL NOT PAY OVER STICKER! He backed down, and agreed, and I plan on selling the Protege myself. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Yeah, I just put down a $500 hold on my new MS3 and am paying MSRP here in PA. The 2 they are getting (Blue & Black) are both now sold and won't be here till the third week in NOV. I am getting so anxious to get mine!!

~John G.

The two I drove today were GT's with wheel locks - stickered at $24,590 - and neither dealership had any additional sucker-funds tacked onto their car.

Back