2nd Cat

blakesmith13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
If the second cat were removed (which i know is illegal) how loud is that say with no resonator and a MS muffler....is it gonna sound like a pissed off weedeater or is gonna just make deeper louder sound? cuz it aint coming off if it's gonna sound like a pissed off weedeater!... and how loud would you say wagner header, downpipe, midpipe, and MS muffler would be?

i don't think it'll make too much of a difference. the most difference will occur with the resonator removed. w/o the resonator, i'm not sure how it will sound. usually, resonators are used to quiet the exhaust note and/or to reduce the buzzy sound in some exhausts.

I'm not sure but isnt the 1st cat the one that makes the biggest difference? I removed my resonator and it doesnt really sound buzzy. Sometimes it sounds really similar to a wrx which I think is cool!

yea i have my resonator removed...i mean it sounds good just made the MSP muffler sound louder...and i don't know what a WRX sounds like but i guess that's cool...well the second cat i thought was the actual cat...the first one i thought was a ?precat?...just trying to free the p5 up a lil... dakineP5 what kind of exhaust do you have?

You could just go with straigh headers blake. That would be louder and definatly not buzzy. Wake up the damn block, but damn it'd be fun. Least for a little while. With that said, I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, so I'm going to sleep.

there is a cat on the downpipe and one on the midpipe...the resonator for all i know just muffles noise...i think i might take the headers to the muffler approach since im in AL and no one will give me hell for it...

well I hear that it sounds really good with the 2nd cat and the resonator removed and 2.5 inch pipe it has a nice deep tone "so I've heard" and a little bird told me that!

Back