2023 CX-5 Turbo vs Premium Plus

You can try renting a torque wrench if you don't think you'll be using it often. Some home improvement stores offer tool rental, so you can call them up to see if they have a torque wrench to rent - you'll want one that has a 3/8" or 1/4" drive.

The spark plug torque spec is 14 lb-ft (168 in-lb) or 18.98 N-m.

Here's a guide for the spark plug replacement.

And a video:

Thank you! This is very helpful!

IMG_3778.jpg

filled up and drove almost 120 miles with the cruise at 75mph.
30.9 must be the sweet spot lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 40
This past week I rented a 2022 Chrysler Pacifica with a 3.6 V6. With 2 adults, 2 teenagers, and a whole lot of crap, took our yearly trip to the Outer Banks, NC, from Pa. for the week and then some. Gas mileage average was 31 mpg highway driving!! I can't imagine the CX5 not getting at least this on the highway!!

This past week I rented a 2022 Chrysler Pacifica with a 3.6 V6. With 2 adults, 2 teenagers, and a whole lot of crap, took our yearly trip to the Outer Banks, NC, from Pa. for the week and then some. Gas mileage average was 31 mpg highway driving!! I can't imagine the CX5 not getting at least this on the highway!!
Where do you stay at OB?

We always stay at the village of Buxton down on Hatteras.
Only been down to Hatteras and Ocracroke Island once. We've stayed at Corolla before and now we stay at Sanderling in Duck. Nice area.
We've been going couple times a year, usually late Spring and late Summer. Less crowds, lower rental cost.

I don't think 75 mph is a reasonable speed to look for good gas mileage.
Where I live if you drive under 75-80mph you will be run over by old ladies on their way to church. speed limits are 75-80mph and most drive at least 10 over. Semi trucks drive at least 70-75mph and will run right up on you if you don't drive at least 75.

Where I live if you drive under 75-80mph you will be run over by old ladies on their way to church. speed limits are 75-80mph and most drive at least 10 over. Semi trucks drive at least 70-75mph and will run right up on you if you don't drive at least 75.
I can understand that, but you're still not going to get good gas mileage at that speed.
Only been down to Hatteras and Ocracroke Island once. We've stayed at Corolla before and now we stay at Sanderling in Duck. Nice area.
We've been going couple times a year, usually late Spring and late Summer. Less crowds, lower rental cost.
We usually go late spring to avoid the summer rates which can be up to $1000 a week more, we avoid late summer because of hurricane season, got kicked out of there once because of evacuation orders. Beautiful part of North Carolina but the ocean can get very angry there.

I can understand that, but you're still not going to get good gas mileage at that speed.

We usually go late spring to avoid the summer rates which can be up to $1000 a week more, we avoid late summer because of hurricane season, got kicked out of there once because of evacuation orders. Beautiful part of North Carolina but the ocean can get very angry there.
I dunno i thought 31mpg for a turbo was pretty good.

I dunno i thought 31mpg for a turbo was pretty good.
It is. I'm just saying that 75 mph isn't usually where one gets good gas mileage. If you're hitting 31 at 75 it's pretty damn good. Mine usually drops off to the mid 20s if I'm doing speeds constantly over 70.

It is. I'm just saying that 75 mph isn't usually where one gets good gas mileage. If you're hitting 31 at 75 it's pretty damn good. Mine usually drops off to the mid 20s if I'm doing speeds constantly over 70.
same here
I haven't tried with 93 though

If you get 31mpg at 75mph, it means you'd get 34 or more at 50mph
which is not realistic as CX5 Turbo is rated at 27mpg HWY (they test at 50mph)

pacifica has a 9 speed auto and is probably geared more like a car than an SUV. what were the RPMs at cruising speed?

Going past about 75 MPH IME has killed fuel economy on my 15 and 16 CX-5. For every 10 MPH of cross or headwind, you can lose another 10-15% of your fuel economy. My last few tank averages have been about 28.5 on my 16. Summer gas seems to help too. Luckily, most of my driving is done off of I-35 where the speed limit is either 55 or 65, so I'm sure that helps a ton.

Attachments

• fuelecon.png
    fuelecon.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 51
Back