2023 CX-5 Bluetooth connection with phone, not available?

I bought a mazda 2023 cx5, I'm suprprised that it does not have wireless connection with my phone (samsung galaxy s22, one of the newest). Is this something that can be fixed? I mean, maybe a software purchase or something? I don't know precisely why is doesn't have the wireless connection feature.

Thanks

I bought a mazda 2023 cx5, I'm suprprised that it does not have wireless connection with my phone (samsung galaxy s22, one of the newest). Is this something that can be fixed? I mean, maybe a software purchase or something? I don't know precisely why is doesn't have the wireless connection feature.

Thanks
I'd be amazed if it didn't have wireless connection. Did you read the manual for help? Could be a failure of some kind. Bluetooth on in phone? Etc..

I'd be amazed if it didn't have wireless connection. Did you read the manual for help? Could be a failure of some kind. Bluetooth on in phone? Etc..
I've already gone through the whole manual, apparently, you get the full connection by bluetooth, only from CX50 and more premium models

So, you are actually talking about Wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto. That does not work via Bluetooth actually, but via WiFi. Your car becomes a hotspot and your phone has to connect it's WiFi to that. AFAIK, Bluetooth is only used for setup.

Not sure which models support it now, but pretty sure most of the higher trims at least.

Instructions are here: Android Auto | MAZDA CONNECT

Last edited:
So, you are actually talking about Wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto. That does not work via Bluetooth actually, but via WiFi. Your car becomes a hotspot and your phone has to connect it's WiFi to that.

Not sure which models support it now, but pretty sure most of the higher trims at least.

I already have the wifi hotspot activated, not even with that will android auto work wireless. I have to plug my phone. It is not a big deal, but I was expecting way more from that software (to be available wireless) in that model (2.5 S Premium Plus)

Then you should have it. I suggest you swing by the dealer and ask them. Could be a warranty issue, or maybe you're doing something wrong and they can show you.

One stated reason for the lack of this function was that due to the lack of wireless charging, long trips using nav could end up draining your phone’s battery. Better to plug in than to find out you now have a dead phone.

One stated reason for the lack of this function was that due to the lack of wireless charging, long trips using nav could end up draining your phone’s battery. Better to plug in than to find out you now have a dead phone.
Where was this stated? Most people would be smart enough to plug their phone into a charger if it was getting low on battery. Going wireless AA does not mean deleting the USB ports.

Dude, clearly you vastly overestimate the intelligence/attention span of the average driver….”most people” indeed. “Most people” wouldn’t forget their keys when they leave a vehicle, they wouldn’t forget to periodically check the oil, or they wouldn’t forget to buckle up. Yet there are nannys for each of those items. LOL.

Dude, clearly you vastly overestimate the intelligence/attention span of the average driver….”most people” indeed. “Most people” wouldn’t forget their keys when they leave a vehicle, they wouldn’t forget to periodically check the oil, or they wouldn’t forget to buckle up. Yet there are nannys for each of those items. LOL.
You said it was stated somewhere, that the reason wireless AA and CP were not included in the CX-5 was due to not having wireless charging. That's kind of a ridiculous reason, which is I would like to see where they stated that. Do you have the link?

Back