2022 CX-9 details (Last year for CX-9)

Thanks for posting @hoodlum (y) Can't wait to see what the CX-90 brings to the table.

I'm still not the biggest fan of the new naming convention. But I understand with a growing lineup, Mazda was forced.

CX-90 is just a little too close to XC90 from Volvo. I imagine Volvo isn't too crazy about it.

Definitely can't wait to see what Mazda does with the new one though. They'll have a good shot at growing its sales having an inline 6 and a hybrid version. Lot of people said they didn't consider CX-9 because they didn't want a 4 cylinder in such a large vehicle. The one other main change should be in overall packaging making space closer to competition. A challenge for Mazda which wants to focus on a fun to drive and stylish design.

CX-90 is just a little too close to XC90 from Volvo. I imagine Volvo isn't too crazy about it.

I thought the same. It’s funny to me as we cross shopped the Volvo & Mazda when we were searching. I still love the Volvo safety and looks of the XC-90, but the reliability would scare me death (runs to the garage and smells for coolant odor before posting…lol).

I thought the same. It’s funny to me as we cross shopped the Volvo & Mazda when we were searching. I still love the Volvo safety and looks of the XC-90, but the reliability would scare me death (runs to the garage and smells for coolant odor before posting…lol).
I heavily crossed shopped the XC-90 before I purchased my 2021 CX-9. At the time, there were tons around me that had low miles and could be had for 40K. Fantastic vehicle with an interior to die for. And the dealership experience was really nice. Big comfortable chairs and free expresso. But all the owners in the dealership said to expect to spend a lot of time there.

Volvo is owned by Geely for quite some time and manufactured in China. Wouldn't touch one.

No, the cars sold by Volvo in North America or Europe are not manufactured in China. Many are made in the USA - outside of Charleston, South Carolina.

No, the cars sold by Volvo in North America or Europe are not manufactured in China. Many are made in the USA - outside of Charleston, South Carolina.
Only the sc60 currently and soon to be XC90 will be produced there. Doesn't matter, Chinese company design and engineering with s*** QC. Volvo isn't half the car Mazda is and certainly not worth anywhere near the price they ask for them. Volvo is a gutted company of what was and the name is the only thing of value marketed to people who dont know any better.

Only the sc60 currently and soon to be XC90 will be produced there. Doesn't matter, Chinese company design and engineering with s*** QC. Volvo isn't half the car Mazda is and certainly not worth anywhere near the price they ask for them. Volvo is a gutted company of what was and the name is the only thing of value marketed to people who dont know any better.

They are making more than the XC-90 there now. They also make the XC40 there and others. You can see them line up at the port.

I get your issue - actually I don't get it- but you know what I mean.

Back