2022 CX-5?

Hope the seat is a bit longer (front to back). I've felt the newer model (2017 and up) seats don't have enough thigh support compared to my 2016 model. Alex on Autos (youtube channel) mentioned the same thing in one of the CX-5 reviews.

FWIW, I emailed some dealerships around MA and NH, and they say they'll have 2022 CX-5s around the end of January. One even sent window stickers of incoming allocations and offered to take a deposit to hold one. They both had $500-600 worth of accessories I don't want though.

FWIW, I emailed some dealerships around MA and NH, and they say they'll have 2022 CX-5s around the end of January. One even sent window stickers of incoming allocations and offered to take a deposit to hold one. They both had $500-600 worth of accessories I don't want though.
Many, if not most, usually have some Mazda accessories, usually at least one of either roof rails, cargo covers, mats, wheel locks, or similar. At least they're coming from Mazda. I just won't accept what the dealer wants to put on after it hits his lot - $500 window tint, $159 edge guard, $799 security etching. Dealers put those on as soon as it rolls off the truck. The best way to (sometimes) avoid them is to see what he has coming in and make him a total offer while it's still on the ship.

Have you bought from Young before? I'm in the area and have been keeping my eye on their site. Any experience with Scott in Emmaus, too? Thanks!

Have you bought from Young before? I'm in the area and have been keeping my eye on their site. Any experience with Scott in Emmaus, too? Thanks!
I have bought both my 2019 CX-5 GTR (first was rear ended & totaled) from Young as well as 2 VW. They've been good to deal with & competitive price wise. Scott in Emmaus is actual closer to me but they were not competitive IMO for either myself or my son when he purchased a Mazda 3.

Hey, you can now build a 2022 on MazdaUSA's site!

The color combo's are strange and the only interior color seems to be black for brown for the turbo models and red in a Carbon addition. And not many other packages.

My wife has a 2021 GT-R in the Deep Cystal Blue with cream interior. That combo no longer exists. The CX-5 Turbo model can only be had with black leather in any color combo.

The only way to get seat color options is to go with the 2.5 NA models. At 35K, that is not an appealing option.

The future of the CX-5 is now plain to see.

I have bought both my 2019 CX-5 GTR (first was rear ended & totaled) from Young as well as 2 VW. They've been good to deal with & competitive price wise. Scott in Emmaus is actual closer to me but they were not competitive IMO for either myself or my son when he purchased a Mazda 3.

Thanks! I bought my 2015 Mazda3 from Kennedy in Pottstown simply because they had the only stick shift in the area -- but now thinking of a CX-5.

Out of curiosity I looked at the 2022 trim builds on the Mazda USA site to see which matches up to my 2020 Touring AWD without the Preferred Package, evidently unchanged in 2021. The decrease in MSPR is pretty interesting.

The key features that drew me to the Touring over the Sport were the seats (faux leather, heated, six-way power driver's) and the auto climate control.

With all US models now AWD standard, the 2022 2.5 S Select is the comparable to my (and the 2021) Touring without the preferred package. There might be some minor differences in the 2022 but they are not evident on the build page. The seats and climate control again jump out as what you got in stepping up from S to S Select as with stepping up from old Sport to Touring.

The 2021 Touring AWD without the Preferred Package, a paint upgrade or any other add-on was $29,735 including destination. Unless I'm missing something, the comparable (or identical?) 2022 2.5 S Select is $29,125, a $610 price cut from the comparable Touring.

This would indicate that going to AWD standard yielded cost saving with some of it passed through to the MSRP. Of course what you end up paying in this environment is a whole other matter.

Thanks! I bought my 2015 Mazda3 from Kennedy in Pottstown simply because they had the only stick shift in the area -- but now thinking of a CX-5.
I think Young dealer traded my first CX-5 from Kennedy actually to get the color I wanted. The second one which was actually a clone of the first, Young had on their lot. My son got his Mazda 3 from North Penn in Colmar, also decent to deal with.

From what I am seeing the seats look identical to the '21 I have now (unless they changed the padding inside). I will have to test drive one once they hit the lot.

I just posted this in another forum about the seats and a bit more....

I just sat in the ‘22 for a bit and then did the drive. Regarding softness of the cushioning, I didn’t feel any noticeable difference in the base or the bolsters.

What I think may have been modified is how the angle of the base can be adjusted. It sinks a bit lower in the butt area than the now-former Touring model and the front part that’s under your thighs angles a bit more upwards.

Caveat: I haven’t sat extensively in former GT+ models and what I just experienced may well be the same as those.

In any case, for those of us hoping the cushions were better, they really aren’t. :/

….still a gorgeous ride for what it is.

Oh, and regarding back seat size, it’s not that much bigger than the CX-30’s back seat. I had the driver’s seat all the way back and down and when I sat behind that seat, my knees were well-pressed into its back. That makes almost no difference to me since I don’t have a family. The headroom makes it feel bigger than it really is.

Anyway, now to decide if I want the 5 or the 30; I really am torn. It’s to the point where I might let my lady decide. The 5’s interior, while now older, still has such a great/modern/classic/solid look/feel to it. The 30’s interior is pretty undeniable and a kind of desirable snugness. The 30 NA’s transmission feel isn’t that good and that matters. (I know the turbo’s is a bit better….not going for the turbo)

Have any of you driven both and have an opinion?

Back