2022 CX-5 600 miles info screen blank

2022 CX-5. information screen blank this morning. Three weeks old! Back up camera works but nothing else. Could I have turned it off? Calling dealer tomorrow. Can I get out of that silly 3 yr maintenance option I got stuck with ? I know I can't get out of the 7 yr extended warranty? What a sucker I was

I seem to recall something like pushing the volume knob down is an on/off for the screen on the new ones. Maybe you just turned it off inadvertently?

I seem to recall something like pushing the volume knob down is an on/off for the screen on the new ones. Maybe you just turned it off inadvertently?
This! You can hold down the volume knob to completely turn the screen off. Try pressing or holding again.

Last time my wife figured out how to turn off radio with that button when we parked. I think you guys are right! Great! Thanks alot.

Last time my wife figured out how to turn off radio with that button when we parked. I think you guys are right! Great! Thanks alot.
Welcome to CX5 forum.
Enjoy your CX5 like I have ('17) for 5 yrs.
Just got another one (a '22 Turbo) to accompany it.
(4 Mazdas currently under my ownership)

2022 CX-5. information screen blank this morning. Three weeks old! Back up camera works but nothing else. Could I have turned it off? Calling dealer tomorrow. Can I get out of that silly 3 yr maintenance option I got stuck with ? I know I can't get out of the 7 yr extended warranty? What a sucker I was
You need to look into the cancellation policy. With the maintenance and extended warranty I got, I had 30 days to cancel with no penalty. I recently decided to cancel the extended warranty after about 6mths. They just deducted a prorated amount. I suspect you can do the same with yours.

You need to look into the cancellation policy. With the maintenance and extended warranty I got, I had 30 days to cancel with no penalty. I recently decided to cancel the extended warranty after about 6mths. They just deducted a prorated amount. I suspect you can do the same with yours.
Thank you for your info on warranties. Going to keep main warranty. $1300 for 3 yrs. 7 yr extended warranty for $2900 I would cancel but they say $$$$ is included in loan amount already. The stereo button turned on the screen again. Thanks for info

This is how they get you to drop the issue. It still works out to your advantage as they will send a check to the lien holder for the $2900 so your balance drops by that amount. Saves you on interest in the long run. I did this on both my '19 lease and '21 purchase. Your payment stays the same but you will finish paying the car off quicker.

Shop around, call dealers nationwide. Without regard to its value, They can discount that to about half.. Most don't even think about negotiating the price of the extended service contract (not technically a warranty

Just hard reset it. Hold down the mute, nav and return buttons for at least 10 seconds and it will reboot the system just like control alt delete.

When my screen goes blank, I thi
nk it's only on startup, hitting the favorites or some other button seems to bring it back but it's still annoying. Is/was your screen not coming back at all?

Just hard reset it. Hold down the mute, nav and return buttons for at least 10 seconds and it will reboot the system just like control alt delete.
1. afaik, that doesn't work with the new Connect system
2. He already said that his wife accidentally turned the screen off with the volume knob and that it's back on now

1. afaik, that doesn't work with the new Connect system
2. He already said that his wife accidentally turned the screen off with the volume knob and that it's back on now
He can ignore the advice if he doesn’t need it or keep it in mind if it happens again.

Latest posts

Back