2021 Mazda CX-5 KF 6 Speaker (non-Bose) audio system upgrade

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 KF
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm posting this properly - but I'm going to be upgrading the audio system in my Mazda and I can't seem to find any wiring diagrams for the audio system for my non-Bose, 6 speaker model. I've seen some for the Bose one's, but since I'm going to be splicing and cutting the wires coming from the head unit, I'd like to make sure I'm cutting the right ones without blindly hoping that the other model diagrams are similar. Anyone have any resources?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm posting this properly - but I'm going to be upgrading the audio system in my Mazda and I can't seem to find any wiring diagrams for the audio system for my non-Bose, 6 speaker model. I've seen some for the Bose one's, but since I'm going to be splicing and cutting the wires coming from the head unit, I'd like to make sure I'm cutting the right ones without blindly hoping that the other model diagrams are similar. Anyone have any resources?
Take a few weeks to wade into this site. Won't take long to figure out who's word to trust:
Tons of helpful information.

hola lo único malo del sistema que venden por amazon son los enchufes no calzan con los que trae en forma original ya que son mas pequeños.

Google Translate says: "hello, the only bad thing about the system that they sell by amazon is the plugs do not fit with the ones that come originally since they are smaller."

Last edited by a moderator:
hola lo único malo del sistema que venden por amazon son los enchufes no calzan con los que trae en forma original ya que son mas pequeños.

Google Translate says: "hello, the only bad thing about the system that they sell by amazon is the plugs do not fit with the ones that come originally since they are smaller."

I made that mistake the first time, the box actually plugs into the unit under the glove box.

The 2021 CX-5 Non-Bose seems different than earlier models. I bought the PAC Integration Interface PCA AOEN-MAZ-2. , We didn't use it. Installer said it would not work with the 2021.

Instead, there is a CPU/Amp Box under the passenger seat. It is connected to the box in the the fender well via an optical cable.

How all this works together and which box does what I am not sure. We tapped into the speaker wires coming out of the box under the passenger seat. My new amp the Kenwood X802-5 has high level inputs, so it was quite straight forward.

Back