2021 CX-9 GT - No nav SD card included?

Just picked up a 2021 GT in northern California and my sales lady said the SD card only comes with Signature trim and would be $400 extra if I wanted. I checked online and on my window sticker and it only says "Mazda Navigation" as included feature on window sticker and my owners manual says "SD card included in some models only".

I plan to call mazda USA tomorrow but thought I'd get some opinions on this. Thanks!

What a surprise....not. Lots of stuff gets glossed over during PDI, and it's usually done by a junior tech. If they can skip a step, they will.

Biggest omission is checking tire pressures. We've been hearing for years on this forum about tires still at 50+ lbs pressure when delivered to the customer. I think mostly they just look at stuff, and if it looks OK, they check it off the list and move on.

If they were lazy enough to forget to install the NAV card, I'd suggest checking your tire pressures.
Runs out to check his tire pressure.

Upvote 0
I definitely will! Thank you.

Edit: they were all at 40psi recommended is 34. 😑

Thanks for heads up!
So im now realizing the 2021 CX-9 does not have a tire pressure monitoring system in dash or infotainment where you can see each tires psi, is that correct? Ill have to take it to the gas station to measure. I hope its not 50, dangerous to be driving with over inflated tires. How would anyone know? Stiffer ride?

Upvote 0
So im now realizing the 2021 CX-9 does not have a tire pressure monitoring system in dash or infotainment where you can see each tires psi, is that correct? Ill have to take it to the gas station to measure. I hope its not 50, dangerous to be driving with over inflated tires. How would anyone know? Stiffer ride?

Yes, stiffer ride as well as poor traction. The CX-9 doesn't have individual readouts for each tire's PSI and has never been advertised to have this feature, but it has been something that people have wanted for a long time. No idea when they'll implement it.

Upvote 0
Yes, stiffer ride as well as poor traction. The CX-9 doesn't have individual readouts for each tire's PSI and has never been advertised to have this feature, but it has been something that people have wanted for a long time. No idea when they'll implement it.
Checked psi and good at 34-36 correct?

Upvote 0
I definitely will! Thank you.

Edit: they were all at 40psi recommended is 34. 😑

Thanks for heads up!
No surprise there. They're usually higher than that too.
Lazy a$$ techs just look at the tires during the PDI, and as long as they're not flat, they just check the box on the PDI sheet and move on. Same for fluids. I'd check those too.
Tires are overinflated on purpose. It's to prevent the tires from flatspotting during shipping.

Upvote 0
On our 2019 Signature, I use the built-in GPS more than Carplay due to the HUD. If Carplay showed directions on the HUD, I would use Google Maps with offline maps always. Or Sygic.

Upvote 0
Amazing how much people are putting in the minimal effort and not even taking the time to research it for their customer, or admitting their error.
My dealer also forgot the sd card, but they didn’t argue and lie about it when I pointed it out.

Upvote 0
I have a 2021 Touring with the Premium Package. I didn't get a Nav SD card, but the system said it was Nav Ready so all I needed was the SD card. I bought the SD Card and contacted Sirius XM to turn on the XM Traffic Plus and the Travel Link. The travel link worked so I could see gas prices but the traffic kept saying "subscription not active" on my infotainment system. I contacted XM and they claimed everything was set up correctly but they don't think my car can get the Traffic signal (even though it gets gas, weather, and all the other useless stuff included in Travel Link, plus the vehicle in the Nav screen says traffic can be enabled).

I'm pretty annoyed that Mazda advertises "Navigation Ready", sells you the map card, but then the Navigation system isn't fully functioning. To me, a navigation system without traffic is worthless.

Upvote 0
Just picked up a 2021 GT in northern California and my sales lady said the SD card only comes with Signature trim and would be $400 extra if I wanted. I checked online and on my window sticker and it only says "Mazda Navigation" as included feature on window sticker and my owners manual says "SD card included in some models only".

I plan to call mazda USA tomorrow but thought I'd get some opinions on this. Thanks!
I love my Mazda maps, a lot better than Google maps, as it gives you 4 alternative routes view on map to choose from. That is really helpful when driving. Worth every penny. I insisted on map sim card as i have heard the dealers take advantage of customers after they buy the car for upto $400. I have also heard horror stories, about $40 ebay amazon map cards screwing up the info system software! And them customer hsving to pay dealer to clean up the software mess. Do your research first before you put that of market sim in your new car! Check seller has 5 star reviews before you buy, or else void your warrenty. If old car go ahead.

Upvote 0
Yes , but were the tires cold when checked? Hot tires will show more pressure. Only check when cold.
Your notes reminded me to actually call Sirus to Activate Travel Link and Travel Plus. Something i dont understand as not had time to play with this. The Sirus operator told me he activated my service today, but i was getting gas prices showing up when i picked up the car few weeks ago, then yesterday, i could not find that screen, when i was trying to fix the new info screen ghosting of characters and shadows appearing in bright white, and red halos around tge digital clock etc. Be interesting to see how the traffic part works. Before i saw, a page with traffic jambs and road congestion, but whos going to go to that page every time. But even that page disappeared. Maybe Sirus wanted me to call tgem but switchibg it off, so they can get my emaik address on tge phone and activate the services. Lets see how it goes. The service EXPIRES IN FIVE YEARS!! The Sirus radio is free for 90 dats then pay $23/month plus 13% taxes in Ontario. Thank you but no thank you. Note, if you register with Mazda maps they will send u an email everytime a map update is available. I am told if maps expire after 3 years abd no updates done at least early, dealer will charge big bucks to turn on maps again. Make sure u update at least yearly and before 3 year warranty expires.

Upvote 0
Back