2020 CX-9 GT with adaptive headlights daytime running light not working

:
California
:
2020 CX-9 GT
Has anyone had issues with the DRL halo failing to work on a headlight with adaptive lighting? The adaptive headlight works but the DRL on the drivers side is not illuminating. Is there a specific bulb that can be replaced or does the entire assembly have to be replaced, if so is it covered under warranty?

I think this may be the first report of a failure in the LED headlights of the 2nd gen CX-9. As @youri wrote, it is covered under the basic factory warranty, and the entire headlight would be replaced (probably too much work/too expensive to disassemble the unit, replace failed parts, then reassemble).

Upvote 0
Thanks….I searched to see if others had this issue and much to my surprise, I couldn’t find anyone. When I looked to see what it would cost to replace the assembly, I was astonished to find out it is over $1000 for the part alone! I hope your right about the warranty!

Upvote 0
When I looked to see what it would cost to replace the assembly, I was astonished to find out it is over $1000 for the part alone! I hope your right about the warranty!
Shocking isn't it?
Gone are the days when you dropped into your local auto parts store and bought a replacement bulb for $20. Even earlier than that, I would buy the old sealed beam headlights for $10-15 and replace them on my old cars. Can't get those anymore. I miss those days in some ways. Then again, getting those retainer rings off without breaking the screws was always a challenge. Then there were the seized/rusted adjusting screws to deal with. Ah, the good old days.

Upvote 0
Back