2020 Consumer Reports Reliability Rankings of CX-5 and a few competitors

And on the flip side, I've often said how awesome I find my CX-5 to be, and I wish I had discovered the brand a long time ago.

I've mentioned that it's the first car I've had in a long time I've enjoyed enough to turn off the tv on a warm summer's night and just go for a long drive across 3 counties.

I've been a Mazda fan for awhile now. First one was a 2013 Mazda Miata had a 2016 Mazda 6 GT that I absolutely loved but once I met my then GF - eventual wife- needed something without the parchment interior and more room for the dog.
That put me into a Jeep Renegade for a couple years.....the lack of refinement and crappy gas mileage really irked me over time. During this time my wife needed to replace an aging Hyundai Veloster....we test drove a Kona and thought it was cheap feeling. She drove the 2018 CX5 Touring and was hooked, it became her new commuter.
I found myself taking her CX5 all the time, the Jeep just was annoying to drive especially on the highway (9 speed always hunting for gears, cruise control would struggle to maintain constant speed)....last month I traded it in for a 2019 CX5 GT

We are a 2 CX5 family, we love what we drive, plenty of room for our family and they have been rock solid reliable. We plan on keeping them 5-7 years at least.

I have a 2017 Colorado and will be selling it to get a GTR. My Chevy has been nothing but problems. Had the catalytic converter replaced, transmission drained 2 times to get rid of gear slippage and worst seats ever. I am thru with trucks after 40 years driving them. If you are dead set on a truck the Toyota Tundra with V8 has run flawlessly for my brother and neighbor for over 200k.

top gear dropped a tacoma from a crane, lit it on fire, submerged it under water, did a whole bunch of other s***. the mechanic was always able to get it started up again with little effort. that thing is a BEAST.

top gear dropped a tacoma from a crane, lit it on fire, submerged it under water, did a whole bunch of other s***. the mechanic was always able to get it started up again with little effort. that thing is a BEAST.

Hello, Carchex?

I need a quote on an extended warranty...

Back