2019 Signature - Faint pitched ticking noise when accelerating

:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
Hello all,
i started to notice a faint pitched ticking noise as i'm pressing the accelerator, but when i step off the gas, the ticking starts to slow down and basically stops when the car stops and then comes back after the stop.
I was thinking maybe it has to do with the dashcam that was installed recently? which i highly doubt. (That was the only addition that was done to the car.)
could it be electrical interference? it's not coming over the speakers or anything..seems more like in the dashboard area.

hmmmm
Thanks!

Hello all,
i started to notice a faint pitched ticking noise as i'm pressing the accelerator, but when i step off the gas, the ticking starts to slow down and basically stops when the car stops and then comes back after the stop.
I was thinking maybe it has to do with the dashcam that was installed recently? which i highly doubt. (That was the only addition that was done to the car.)
could it be electrical interference? it's not coming over the speakers or anything..seems more like in the dashboard area.

hmmmm
Thanks!

Kindof a warbling trill type sound? I dunno. My guess is turbo/exhaust/injectors type stuff. Different exhaust systems have quirks. My 370Z had a marked "hiss" to it. A girl I went out with once claimed my 2.5L NA engine "had a sound like a washer spun in a metal pipe" (this was at 38k miles or so, I sold it at 106K miles with no engine issues).

Any chance you could record some audio and upload it to YouTube?

Yeah that does seem like a different sound. I don't think it would be related to the dashcam, though. Anchorman suggested that it could be the serpentine belt in the other thread, maybe that's what it is?

i know, it's a very faint sound but it's there and annoying the crap out of me..haha
i will have to try what Anchorman suggested this week.

doesnt seem the turbo to me.
turbo is whistling noise not ticking.

the noise sounds to me like injector clicking or valve control, egr , etc. type of noises. Although it is very hard to guess by the interior sound in the video.
Is it more pronounced outside? what if you open the hood?

doesnt seem the turbo to me.
turbo is whistling noise not ticking.

the noise sounds to me like injector clicking or valve control, egr , etc. type of noises. Although it is very hard to guess by the interior sound in the video.
Is it more pronounced outside? what if you open the hood?

the funny thing is, it seems like only the Turbo owners are experiencing this noise.
When outside the car, you do hear a ticking noise, which is normal but i never heard this kind of noise on my previous cars from the inside.

My 2019 GTR 2.5T Turbo makes the same sound and started at around 3,000 miles. I hate it! It goes away after the operating temperature is reached (just under 210 degrees on the dash gauge). Here in the Northeast in the winter it is taking 20 minutes to reach that temperature because the 2.5T is designed to run cold to begin with.
I brought it back to the dealer who looked at it quickly and said that it's normal. I'm not ready to waste time fighting it yet, but instead looking to gather more evidence. I found a match here in your experience @Young-nyc.
I cannot accept that it is normal for a new "Reserve", "Signature" or any model for that matter, to sound like a 15 year old vehicle in need of a valve job.
The mechanic went on to talk about how the timing is retarded when cold and that the fuel injectors where spraying at very high pressure during this cold phase. Whatever! It may be normal, but I dont want to hear it. I'm not impressed at all by Mazda's foray into the luxury market. A cicada-ticking vehicle is not luxurious is any sense of the word.

I cannot accept that it is normal for a new "Reserve", "Signature" or any model for that matter, to sound like a 15 year old vehicle in need of a valve job.
The mechanic went on to talk about how the timing is retarded when cold and that the fuel injectors where spraying at very high pressure during this cold phase. Whatever! It may be normal, but I don't want to hear it. I'm not impressed at all by Mazda's foray into the luxury market. A cicada-ticking vehicle is not luxurious is any sense of the word.

You may want to consider further soundproofing the engine bay yourself (or paying an A/V installer to do it for you) at this point. They can probably add more sound deadening material to the underside of the hood and areas of the firewall. They could also add a door seal in the area between the windshield and the dash, and seal up any open areas in the cabin where engine noise could trickle in.

It's also important to understand that Mazda's foray into the premium/luxury market is just that - an initial attempt at doing something new for the brand. I would love for their first attempt to be perfect, but rarely does a first attempt at anything go perfectly. IMO they came pretty damn close with the 2nd gen CX-9 in 2016 and everything that followed it (CX-5, Mazda6, Mazda3, etc.).

Hi all. I just bought a CX-5 signature and love nearly everything about it. One thing that is annoying the hell out of me is this ticking noise when accelerating/occasionally at idle. I have seen this issue on multiple forums including reddit. It only affects the turbocharged engine. I will absolutely attempt to have my dealer fix this but I am trying to maintain social distancing.

It appears another user “ThePetes” on mazdaforum.com got this fixed and his dealer traced the problem to the high pressure fuel line bracket.

Thoughts?

I just got my 2020 CX-5 Signature fixed! After 27 days without my vehicle they found that it is the 'high pressure fuel line bracket'. They removed the fuel line bracket, installed insulation to absorb the noise on the bracket and reinstalled it. If you have the issue, take your vehicle to the dealership and tell them that this is the solution and you will have a quiet car! I dealt with 5 managers at the dealer, they contacted Mazda Regional, and Mazda Corporate got involved to get this fixed. Very happy right now.

Isn't that the sound of direct injector?
It gets better when the engine warms up.

Isn't that the sound of direct injector?
It gets better when the engine warms up.

It has been hypothesized that it is the high pressure fuel pump or fuel injectors. That being said, it is distractingly loud and annoying in an otherwise very refined and quiet car. As I said in my previous post, it is loud and annoying enough that there are multiple threads in multiple forums (including Reddit), dedicated YouTube videos highlighting the noise and it has even been mentioned by the car reviewer Savagegeese.

According to one CX-5 Signature owner, it was tracked down to the 'high pressure fuel line bracket' and was FIXED. Once I feel more comfortable I will absolutely be contacting my dealer (and inevitably Mazda) to get this fixed and I hope others will too.

Tried explaining to my service advisor the procedure but the tech didn’t want to touch it because he is unsure what kind of insulation was used to insulate the high pressure fuel line bracket. If someone has the answers would be great.

The user on mazdaforums posted important additional information on This Tube video:

The service ticket says 'HIGH PRESSURE FUEL LINE BRACKET ON TUESDAY MARCH 3RD 2020 TECH REMOVED FUEL LINE BRACKET INSTALLED INSULATION TO ABSORB NOISE AND REINSTALLED NO NOISE HEARD AFTER REPAIR'. I WENT TO BROWNS FAIRFAX MAZDA 703-385-8170.

Please call/have your service manager call this dealership and report back. If you can’t I will early this coming week.

I'm late to this thread, but I wanted to share that Brown's Mazda Fairfax, in Fairfax, Virginia, also recently fixed the rapid cricket-chirping noise on my 2020 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve (AWD and turbo). Attached is an audio file of the noise on my vehicle. It's particularly evident toward the very end, as the vehicle settles into an idle. You can read about my experience in this Mazda owners' message board thread: 2020 CX-5 Signature Electric Clicking Noise - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Attachments

• 2020 CX-5 GTR cricket chirp (fuel line) noise.mp3
    348.7 KB
Mine did that sometimes, although your audio clip makes it sound more pronounced, it was an identical noise.

Back in the day, Subaru had "cricket chirps" in the BRZ's due to the fuel pump.

Back