2019 Mazda3 Hatchback: Any issues or regrets?

:
2017 CX9 GT AWD
I have my eye on a used 2019 hatchback with the Preferred trim level, soul red. 24k miles. FWD. I haven't driven it yet, but are there any common issues I should be aware of? Anything you regret about it now or wish you would've purchased something else?

Last edited:
I would suggest putting some feelers out on other forums and social media groups if you haven't already. Just to cover a wider base (y)

@arock712 First of all, I would search our Mazda3 Forum if you haven't already...Second, I would identify what parts are shared with other Mazdas and then search those Forums of ours (CX-30, CX-5 etc) as well for possible issues with those parts.

Also looking below to the "Similar threads" section I see the following threads which may be helpful...

I also did a quick search and found...

Hope that helps! :)

According to Consumer Reports, the only Mazda 3 from 2014 to 2021 that is rated much worse than average for reliability is the 2019. You'd be better off with a 2018, which is rated much better than average, overall. In fact, the years that are rated much better than average are:
The 2020 is rated average.
Keep in mind that some of the earlier ones allow more road noise to filter into the cabin. I think Mazda started to add more sound insulation in 2018 but I am not certain.

I have a 2017 GT Hatch. Purchased new and hardly driven due to not going anyplace during COVID. It has a little over 23,000 miles with the battery going bad and the belt tensioner leaking oil and needing replacement. It is a noisy car, but it's my 2nd one, and i got what I wanted with the heated leather seats, leather steering wheel and it's red!

@arock712 - I am a 2019 Mazda 3 (Hatch - G20 Pure, 2.0L, Auto, Soul Red) user.
Pros: I like its handling very well
Cons: Faced series of issues with the car and it was painful to get them sorted with the dealer. So far no issues
Lack of power, Gear shifting (1st, 2nd) is not smooth. 3rd gear is the only gear pulling like hell.
Fuel Consumption: 10L/100km in metro, 9L or less when doing long distances
Its an OK, nifty car for daily runs.
If possible, I would say, go for the 2.5L model instead of 2.0L model.
All the best.. Please ask out if you have more questions.

Back