2019 CX-9 - list of design problems/complaints

One complaint I haven't seen that irritated me (again) yesterday with the entertainment system ...

With the big, beautiful screen in front of me, why are the song (or author or album) names cut off halfway across the screen?

Yesterday one radio station was playing "Hootie and the Blo". (eek2) I know there's space reserved for album art, etc, but c'mon, make it fit. There's a lot of blank space on there. (pissed)

Yeah, that's always bugged me too. I mainly listen to XM which doesn't show album art and so much info is indeed cut off with so much screen real estate going to waste. Makes no sense.

The JBL system in my 2013 Toyota Venza Limited I just traded in for the CX-9 had the same problem, chopped off much of the Sirius/XM station information. The 2019 CX-9 GT display provides all of the station info and color "album" cover art or station ID logo. I do miss having dedicated station pre-set buttons however, guess you can't have everything.

I've had my 19 cx9 gt all wheel drive for 2 and a half weeks so far and here are some of my thoughts.
1. I have been leasing new vehicles every 3 years for 30 years now and theres no way to notice every little nuance on a test drive. Or even several test drives. So I guess I'm defending the the OP.
2. I've only logged about 50 miles on it so far but I have noticed a little lack of of driver seat adjustment. I keep wanting to raise it higher but I've got it maxed out. I'm 5-11 and 180 pounds if that means anything. Maybe its just me because I came from smaller cars with smaller dashes. The dash on the cx9 is quite substanial in my opinion.
3. A lack of individual tire pressure readout is odd. I've had that feature since like 08 I think. Never heard about the ebay $40 solar powered tpms thing. Gonna look at that right now because I am a gadget geek lol.
4. I don't have a problem with all the info on the dash. Including my wifes 2017 mazda6 gt I've never had a car with so much info/tech/gadgetry available in front of me. A turbo boost gauge would be awesome though.
5. I'm 54 years old and done with leasing and financing so I bought this car cash for $38,000 before all the ridiculous fees and taxes and think its a tremendous amount of car for the money. Compared to all the competition in this segment I don't think you can beat it. Drives great with plenty of power and great mpg for my rural driving.Looks beautuful on the road. Love that you rarely see them in my area.
Especially my sonic silver. If I do see one, its always gray, red or white.
6. Nice thread started here and will probably add to it in the near future.

More than 2 weeks and only 50 miles? Heh, what am I doing at less than 4 weeks and almost at 5k miles lol.

Back