2019 CX-5 Android Auto no longer working

BlackPurl

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring, Premium Package, Deep Crystal Blue
I hooked my phone up to the smart phone port of my 2019 cx-5 but it is no longer recognized. In the settings the box is checked for AA but under apps the android auto is grayed out, impossible to select it Trying different cable same result. Rebooting phone same result. The phone starts charging but that's all. This is the factory unit that came with our Grand Touring, not an upgrade. It never worked wirelessly before, always had to use usb cable. Phone is OnePlus8 running Android12. Apple CarPlay works fine in same USB port on wife's phone. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried going in and resetting the system back to factory defaults? Not the same but when I had a MA1 wireless adapter it would drop off and the only thing that would bring it back was a total reset.

I have not but will try. At this point I am trying to decide if it is a vehicle problem (dealership kept it for a month once for infotainment trouble that could not be resolved), a cell phone problem (several threads about folks having the same model and problem, different vehicles) or a google problem (several threads about mazdas and android 10, 11, 12 misbehaving). Perhaps I just have the perfect storm on my hands with a trifecta of incompatibilities?

I had trouble with intermittent connection, and then eventually sometimes it wouldn't connect.

Turned out to be the USB C port on my phone getting flaky. It still charged.

Turned out to be the USB C port on my phone getting flaky. It still charged.
It probably has pocket lint in it, packed at the far end, stopping full insertion. Use a dental pick (or dressmaker's pin) and GENTLY scrape around inside. BE CAREFUL not to break the center post/connections! Then use canned air to blow out the loosened dust & lint.

I have to do this with my son's phone every 6 months or so :)

Back