2018 CX-9 Wiper Blade Replacement?

:
2018 Mazda CX-9 GT
I just bought some standard Michelin wiper blade replacements from Costco. Not a single one of the little plastic adapter dudes that they give you fit the CX-9.

Has anyone used common wiper blade replacements or are wiper blade replacements a dealership only item?

I thought I bought a Mazda, not an Audi.

At the time I replaced my wipers, only Bosch made the adapter. EN18OE EN24OE. Or you can just buy the inserts maybe like $7 each vs $30 for the wiper

The wiper blade refills from a dealership are low cost and easy to install. Trico and the identical NAPA-branded Exact Fit wipers snap right in.

Still on my original wipers, working very well. I'm just starting to notice a bit of a streaking issue. The car has been through one Alberta winter (-25c at the coldest) and one Manitoba winter (almost -50c at the coldest). I bought the OEM wiper blade inserts for less than $30 CAD, and I plan to replace them in the spring. Pele, I'd return the Michelin blades and just buy the inserts from your dealer.

Rain-X wipers longer than 10 inches will start to slide out of the arm in a heavy downpour with the wipers on the highest speed. I do NOT recommend them. Almost had an accident trying to get over on the freeway to fix.

Also, they wipe the windshield no better than the low budget ones.

Mine is a 2017 Signature and i know for a fact, they fit on mine. :)
The brand new set i ordered, i have not installed yet.

I agree with sm1ke: just buy the inserts from the Mazda dealer. Cheap, super easy to install, and effective.

yup...last January I replaced all wiper blade inserts (2 front & 1 rear) and only cost $30 CAD incl taxes...the nice thing too was the parts manager at our local Mazda dealership was kind enough to replace them for me and to show me how to do it so I can do it going forward!

Front right refill: TK7867333
Front left refill: TK4867333
Less than $7 each.

Take the blade off the arm for better access. (On the arm is OK, just awkward the first time.) Push the square button and slide the blade off the connector. Look at the end of the blade on the refill side. You'll see a slot. Compress the old rubber refill backward so the end is at the slot, then slide the refill out of that slot. Slide the new refill into the slot, compress to get the end in, slide the end of the refill to the end of the blade. Click the blade back into the connector. You're done.

Thanks for the link, @danmm7. I'm looking for new wipers now and thought I should come here and see what other owners were using. I didn't realize the OE wipers just needed blade inserts so pitched them at my first wiper change. Im a fool sometimes.

I bought some inexpensive Tricos and the driver side has done well, but the passenger never made clean contact with my windshield so it always left a large streaked area on my passenger side.

Back