2018 CX-9 GT Extended Warranty

My lease is about to expire and I am planning to purchase my vehicle. Is there a Mazda extended warranty that I can/should consider? This will be the first time having a car outside of its dealer warranty life, and I'm a bit concerned. Don't know if I have any reason to be or not. I don't think I'm interested in third-party companies (Endurance, etc.) unless someone has something positive to say about them. But if Mazda has a warranty I'd consider that. I tried search but being new, either there's nothing out there or I have no search skills. Thanks. TR

IMO, the only "warranty" that one should consider is the one that is offered directly by Mazda. See below.

The above link details the three different service plans currently available through Mazda. Before you decide on any plan, I'd advise you to go through the fine print/footnotes to see what is actually covered. There are also brochures for each plan that can be viewed/printed/downloaded at the above link - these brochures will actually list components that are not covered under that particular plan. Here's a screenshot from the MPP Platinum VSA brochure:

MPPPlatinumVSA.JPG

IMO, the only "warranty" that one should consider is the one that is offered directly by Mazda. See below.

The above link details the three different service plans currently available through Mazda. Before you decide on any plan, I'd advise you to go through the fine print/footnotes to see what is actually covered. There are also brochures for each plan that can be viewed/printed/downloaded at the above link - these brochures will actually list components that are not covered under that particular plan. Here's a screenshot from the MPP Platinum VSA brochure:

View attachment 302866
Awesome, thanks for this. Of course, there's no cost mentioned here. I guess I'll start making some calls....

Awesome, thanks for this. Of course, there's no cost mentioned here. I guess I'll start making some calls....
i assume whatever quote they give you is negotiable just like it is at the time of initial sale. I wouldn't pay the first price they give you.

i assume whatever quote they give you is negotiable just like it is at the time of initial sale. I wouldn't pay the first price they give you.

Yep, whatever the MSRP of the service plan is, try to aim for 50% of it. It's 100% profit for them, but if it's like any other warranty (and based on what I paid for my extended warranty at the time), they can discount up to 50% off to make the sale.

The so-called extended warranties are not a warranty at all. As Mazda named theirs, it is a service agreement. It is a contract for prepaid repair service. In the U.S. federal warranty law offers the consumer more protection than contract law. In any case, get the full contract and read all the fine print before you buy, or within any rescission time period.

These extended repair contracts are really peace-of-mind insurance. They hardly ever pay off. The money you pay first goes to the dealership profit and the sales person's commission, and the underwriter of the contract's profit, and finally some money is left over for repair payments. If you'll sleep better, buy it. (Me, I sleep better with the money in my bank account.) As said, negotiate the price hard. Check other Mazda dealerships for a better price. Any dealership in the country can sell it.

Back