2018 CX-5 Infotainment Screen Upgrade Options

Hello! I recently took possession of a 2018 CX-5 GT with Premium Package. Needless to say, I completed the CarPlay software USB hardware within 48 hours. Stock infotainment wasn't my favorite.

I've noted an issue I didn't see when I looked over the car before purchase. It appears the glass on the display is separating from the display itself (hard to explain but it looks like it's bubbling underneath the glass). It really does appear like it's underneath and not on top (which I would assume is damage to the anti glare coating perhaps from some sort of cleaning agent).

All this to say, I have an appointment bring it in under warranty but I'm really not sure if there's much chance Mazda will fix it under warranty. If that ends up being the case, I hope to be able to replace the display myself.

What are my options? Some googling has led me to believe that between 2017-2020 there were both 7" and 8" displays depending on trim. As of 2021 there's that beautiful 10" screen from the Mazda3.

Would I be limited to whatever size display came in my vehicle? (I'm not even sure if that's a 7" or 8" actually). Is there a cold chance in you know where that I could somehow get the 10" display installed? Though I'd imagine the head unit would be be required to be replaced as well, adding to cost (if it's even possible).

I turn it to the experts! Thanks in advance.

Someone else commented on this recently. In their case a detailing shop applied cleaners that affected the anti-glare. Their Mazda dealer covered and replace it under warranty. Before that, other folks just suggested that they remove all the anti-glare coating for consistency - and that the anti-glare didn't do much anyway.

YMMV

Thanks for your response. Failing everything else, that's what I'll try. I'm a bit at a loss because it really doesn't look like the damage is the coating but I suppose it could be, I have very little idea of what that would look like.

Grateful for anyone's feedback vs upgrading the screen to a larger 8" (or even bigger but I won't be greedy!).

Back