2017 Mazda3 2.2L Diesel Oil Level issue

Good evening,new to the forum and looking for some insight into my Mazda 3 2.2 diesel auto 2017 model. I had the car fully serviced in January,then had to replace the start/stop battery last month but I’ve noticed now that my oil level on the dipstick is at the ‘X’ mark! According to the handbook this means I need to change the oil but given it’s only been just over a month since being changed I’m a bit puzzled. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like you had the car serviced by a dealership or independent shop?

I'm not familiar with the diesel engine or it's dipstick, but I assume that the "X" mark is an indicator that the oil level is low? If so, I would add some oil so that its at least in between the Min and Max levels, then monitor the oil level over the next couple of months. Be sure to check the oil in a consistent manner, either by checking oil level at least 5 minutes after engine shutdown, or first thing in the morning, before starting the car.

I would also inspect the engine to look for signs of an oil leak. If you park your car in the same spot every time you come home, check to see if there are any oil stains on the ground.

Thanks for the reply,the ‘X’ mark is above the high mark on dipstick so I’m pretty sure it’s not low, Spoken to my mechanic and he thinks the car has not performed a re-gen and some diesel has a been left in the oil sump,in for inspection tomorrow. Thanks again.

Oops, yep I'm very wrong lol. Hope all goes well with inspection and diagnosis today.

Back