2017 mazda cx-5 vs bmw x1 vs audi q3 vs lexus nx vs mercedes-benz gla mashup review

:
2015 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
Good day,

Here's an interesting video Google served up to me yesterday. That Dave Coleman fellow is excellent for Mazda. I understand the reviewers point that people will buy these premium brands for the name more often than for what it can do but it is impressive to see Mazda strive for something greater.

http://www.tflcar.com/2017/03/2017-mazda-cx-5-vs-bmw-x1-vs-audi-q3-vs-lexus-nx-vs-mercedes-benz-gla-mashup-review/

EDIT: I really like the new CX-5 and if purchasing another vehicle today would certainly be buying it.

The CX3 is more is closer in size for a comparison than the CX5 as others are entry level small premium vehicles. Mazda has found a way to offer the classy simple interior look of German made vehicles. They are also following the same continuous exterior upgrading, keeping what works fresh and not radically changing like many of its Japanese counterparts. Design is an art and knowing how to design a vehicle that will look as good in 10+ years is a challenge for Toyota, Honda, and even Hyundai. Just look at how dated a RAV 4 looks already!

Interesting video BUT, here was nothing on that CX-5 to indicate it was an AWD model like the others. Most notably missing was the AWD logo below CX-5 on the lower left portion of the lift gate. What's that all about?!

Good video to explain that "Driver-centric" was Mazda's focus. ie. driving position, linear response from the throttle and engine contributing to driving feel not outright power.

Mazda's motto worldwide is "Zoom Zoom" and back in Japan it is "Be A Driver" which clearly tells you where their philosophies lie.

Personally, I wish auto makers would submit completely sterilized vehicles to be reviewed. No badge. No nameplate. No country of origin. Nothing. Then then vehicle is evaluated by a diverse panel of people, and impressions rendered.

The CX-3? Not even close!

The CX3 Audi Q3 and the X1 are all categorized as small CUV's. The CX5, Q5, and the X3 are midsize vehicles with similar dimensions. Just referring to size comparison.

Back