2017~2024 2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport - Update Infotainment System

:
2017 Mazda CX-5
Hello!

Is there any update I can do for my base factory infotainment system that would not void the CPO warranty? The system is pretty useless as-is. Separately, the Smart Braking Assist function on my car doesn't seem to work at all, even though there is an option for it in my safety settings. I've never seen the light turn on, nor has it ever stopped my car.

I appreciate the help!

Best,
Max

CPO warranty - or any warranty. ANY non OEM parts or modifications ~could~ impact eligibility for covered items. Yes this even includes using non OEM tires. Now it comes down to impact / likelihood that a modification has caused the issue. If you replace your door speakers in your car and your starter fails, your dealer / servicer will not be pointing at your door speakers as the cause of failure. Now if you replace your door speakers and the infotainment stops working (display is dark) would they look at the door speakers as a way NOT to replace it? Most likely not. Now imagine if you don't have volume - then yes the dealer/servicer ~could~ point at the speakers and say "those aren't OEM, this is the issue, replace back to OEM and then we will diagnose it".

For Smart Breaking Assist - a simple less damaging test than a brick wall is a stack of empty cardboard boxes. Give that a try and report back.

CPO warranty - or any warranty. ANY non OEM parts or modifications ~could~ impact eligibility for covered items. Yes this even includes using non OEM tires. Now it comes down to impact / likelihood that a modification has caused the issue. If you replace your door speakers in your car and your starter fails, your dealer / servicer will not be pointing at your door speakers as the cause of failure. Now if you replace your door speakers and the infotainment stops working (display is dark) would they look at the door speakers as a way NOT to replace it? Most likely not. Now imagine if you don't have volume - then yes the dealer/servicer ~could~ point at the speakers and say "those aren't OEM, this is the issue, replace back to OEM and then we will diagnose it".

For Smart Breaking Assist - a simple less damaging test than a brick wall is a stack of empty cardboard boxes. Give that a try and report back.
Thanks for the quick reply! I did put new tires on, though they were an OEM option, so hopefully, that's fine (a separate long story involving buying the car with old/dry rotted tires, and the dealer ended up covering the cost).

Regarding infotainment, I'd love to get some other apps, or get some more functionality out of the system. It's not a huge issue though, so I wouldn't want to put a lot of effort in.

For the Smart Braking Assist, how do I test it? Just set up the boxes and creep forward? I have it set to maximum distance.

For the Smart Braking Assist, how do I test it? Just set up the boxes and creep forward? I have it set to maximum distance.

Yes set the boxes up.. bring car up to speed 2 to 18 mph and aim for the stacked boxes.. if working it should alert you and then stop you. :)

related:

official mazda page:

Last edited:
Yes set the boxes up.. bring car up to speed 2 to 18 mph and aim for the stacked boxes.. if working it should alert you and then stop you. :)

related:

official mazda page:
Appreciate it! Will test it out. It's odd that you need to be going so fast in order for the system to recognize the obstacle and slow down.

Hello,

is anyone here willing to share the .up file for the EU region so I can upgrade my 2017 CX-5 infotainment system from the currently installed v59.00.545 EU N to v74.00.324A?

Thanks!

Hello,

is anyone here willing to share the .up file for the EU region so I can upgrade my 2017 CX-5 infotainment system from the currently installed v59.00.545 EU N to v74.00.324A?

Thanks!
Think you need to PM someone for that Miron – check the infotainment threads for tips on your required version

Think you need to PM someone for that Miron – check the infotainment threads for tips on your required version
I found that out later. I have already solved this and have been happily enjoying Android Auto for the past month :)

Back