2016 CX-5 Sport Infotainment resets time and preset radio stations randomly

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
I have noticed like two time this month, that the infotainment system on my '16 CX-5 Sport has had the time reset and also my preset radio stations randomly. Not sure how this happened. I have not removed the battery negative cable or anything like that. Has anyone experienced a similar issue where their time and presets were randomly reset by itself?

Maybe about two months ago I also noticed that the screen completely blanked out and could see nothing when driving or backing up. Once I stopped in a parking lot and went into the store, half an hour later everything came back up.

Getting worried that there is some electrical issue or the infotainment system is somehow defective..

Check your battery connections and make sure they're tight and clean. Maybe add a little vaseline to the contact points.

Check your battery connections and make sure they're tight and clean. Maybe add a little vaseline to the contact points.
Also, test the battery. Head unit is probably very sensitive to voltage drops.

How old is the battery? Might be worth spending some $ to eliminate that as cause. I’m on my second replacement battery on my 16.6 GT.

Also, test the battery. Head unit is probably very sensitive to voltage drops.

How old is the battery? Might be worth spending some $ to eliminate that as cause. I’m on my second replacement battery on my 16.6 GT.

It's a Costco Interstate battery, about year and half old.

It's a Costco Interstate battery, about year and half old.
Probably wouldn't hurt to have it load tested. I recently had a 3 month old battery start to fail intermitently. Ended up being replaced under warranty so they do go bad before their time.

For some reason my problem seems to be mine is turn off my rear stop lights. I park the car and put the thing back to the factory default settings and the issue clears up. Second time in a month and a half.

Back