2017 CX-5 Sport Headlights - Issue

Transitioning from my suspension thread, I am curious to hear other Sport drivers’ opinions. My headlights seem to “bounce” quite easily over bumps and dips in the road, from braking, and accelerating. For instance, a slight bump in the road sends the cutoff of the headlight up and down, with what seems like rather light and normal corresponding oscillation of the vehicles front end over road bumps and cracks. As far as my eye can tell, at least. It just simply seems excessive based on the road conditions. Accelerating from a stop light, even gently, sends the cutoff up the backside of the car in front of me.

If I had a different trim I’d expect the auto leveling/adaptive response from the lights. However, the Sport only has manual positioning and I keep them on “0”.

I’m bringing my vehicle in to have the suspension checked at my next service for a creaking noise, but will likely tack on this question to them as well. However, I wonder if I’m just not used to LED projector lights in combination with a stiff suspension where even the slightest body movement amplifies the headlight motion.

Thank you for your insight!

Back