2016 Mazda CX-5 - What do you not like?

Ive had my 2016 cx5 for a month now. The first time I drove it off the lot the chrome vent ring distracted me. The next time and every other time it hasn't. Its like when I lie in my bed watching tv, a small piece of my bed frame blocks a bit of the tv, very distracting at first, now I dont notice at all. For those worried about this issue, I wouldnt stress about it just yet. You wont notice the chrome if you stop thinking about it. Or maybe its just me, when I look in my side mirrors, I focus on just to scan for cars in the next lane and look beyond the distraction as its not important to me at the time of trying to switch lanes.

Ive had my 2016 cx5 for a month now. The first time I drove it off the lot the chrome vent ring distracted me. The next time and every other time it hasn't. Its like when I lie in my bed watching tv, a small piece of my bed frame blocks a bit of the tv, very distracting at first, now I dont notice at all. For those worried about this issue, I wouldnt stress about it just yet. You wont notice the chrome if you stop thinking about it. Or maybe its just me, when I look in my side mirrors, I focus on just to scan for cars in the next lane and look beyond the distraction as its not important to me at the time of trying to switch lanes.

+1 exactly same experience - bothered me at first, now i don't notice it at all (1 month in).

I've had my car for a little over a week and generally love it. A few things I wish for though. Auto up/down on all windows, at least the front two. I looked at the 6 and it looks like the switches are the same as the CX-5 so maybe they will work if you swapped them? The other thing I wish is for the seat to go a bit lower. I'm 5'10 with a longer torso and shorter legs. I have a hard time holding the wheel with my knee when I'm trying to do something like un-zip my sunglasses case. I also wish my front seat didn't rock and that the dealer didn't do a crappy job washing the car and putting in so many swirl marks. I'm on day two of polishing them out

+1 exactly same experience - bothered me at first, now i don't notice it at all (1 month in).

Just remember that you will be looking at it for YEARS. it IS distracting and you should go to the dealership and have them correct it. Other cars that I test drove did not have that issue. I have a great car but it does not have that issue. You don't have to make that concession.

Ideally would like a Mazdaspeed version of the 3 hatch at some point. Really hoping Mazda makes one within the next few years.

Same! I should have the CX-5 paid off by then, so I look forward to whenever that comes out...

Just remember that you will be looking at it for YEARS. it IS distracting and you should go to the dealership and have them correct it. Other cars that I test drove did not have that issue. I have a great car but it does not have that issue. You don't have to make that concession.

Its NOT a distraction if it doesn't distract you. Even though the reflection is there, I dont see it anymore. Therefore I dont need to go to the dealership to correct it since it doesnt distract me at all.

What would the dealer even do? Take the vent trim piece off? I know what everyone is talking about, the reflection of the trim piece in the side window lines up with the side mirror view. I noticed it was there but I'm not looking at the window, I'm looking through the window to see the mirror. Not that big an issue if you ask me. If people really like it so much take the trim piece off and paint it black or something. You'll still a reflection in the window no matter what you do. Funny thing about smooth surfaces like that, they tend to reflect things. The dealer would do nothing about it.

You don't know unless you go to the dealership and tell them you are not pleased with having to look through the glare of the chrome frame.i agree that there might always be some reflection with vehicles but not like what we are discussing. If you think you can tolerate the glare, so be it. It's worth a try to fix it.

Its NOT a distraction if it doesn't distract you. Even though the reflection is there, I dont see it anymore. Therefore I dont need to go to the dealership to correct it since it doesnt distract me at all.

Pretty girls distract me, but there is nothing a Mazda dealer can do about that.

I think that the most correct and simple way of describing the problem is that you are looking out your side mirror and the glare of the metal frame is impeding your view-making it difficult to see what is coming up on your vehicle. It's not distracting in a way that you are looking one way and it is trying to get you to look another. It is interfering with your view out the side mirror- even more so on overcast days. If it doesn't bother you- great. If it does- let your dealer know.

If I don't see it unless I'm trying to see it, how is it distracting? Trust me, it's nothing.

As a follow up to one of my earlier posts on this thread...

One more thing...

Navigation.

First time using the Navigation on my AWD 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech.

Verdict.... It sucks.

Coming from a 2013 CX-9 - I love the larger screen in the 5. I love the convienence of the multi selector in the 5. I like a lot of the technical features of the new Connect system. BUT. The navigation program compared to the Tom Tom system that was in the CX-9 is horrible.

I used it for the first time this past weekend. Going to my first destination it tried to send me down two roads that I knew took me nowhere but to dead ends. The second time I used it the nav screen turned black and I could not get the Nav screen to come back. All other screens worked - Radio, Phone etc.. - but when I went to the Nav screen it was black. Had to pull of the road and turn the car off and wait a few seconds then turn the car back on for the screen to come back on.

Other issues:

1: No live traffic info. This is almost unforgivable. It's 2015 Mazda!!!?

2: Inputting an address is cumbersome. When changing states you have to put in the country first to access the states. Crazy.

3: Address database is not great either. I had a confirmed address and when I tried to put in the house number the system would not take it. I had to guess numbers until it took one, then ended up a few hundred yards away from my destination.

I updated my maps the day I picked up my 5 so the database is current.

The Tom Tom on my 9 really worked well, the live traffic feature of the Tom Tom system is awesome and saved me a number of times.

I REALLY hope they address these issues with a firmware update in the future.

VERY disappointing!

Just switched from a 2012 GT 2.0 to a 2016 GT 2.5 Model with the Adaptive LED headlights.
NO AFS if you have the ALH package here in Indonesia.
What a disappointment!
I miss my AFS cause it's so much more useful than the ALH.

=( =( =(

Just got my car Monday. I'm not blown away by the Bose sound system. It distorts when you start cranking the volume.

Just got my car Monday. I'm not blown away by the Bose sound system. It distorts when you start cranking the volume.
I'm disappointed to the Bose audio system too. My complaint is the location of the front speakers. Many audio system on high-end cars puts two twitters at front door/A pillar/rearview mirror areas facing to the driver/front passenger's ears to get better high frequency response as high frequency wave is more directional. But our Bose system put two L/R front speakers under the front dash panel facing toward windshield, making already weak treble even weaker!

Of course the lack of sub-woofer won't help the bass either!

I'm disappointed to the Bose audio system too. My complaint is the location of the front speakers. Many audio system on high-end cars puts two twitters at front door/A pillar/rearview mirror areas facing to the driver/front passenger's ears to get better high frequency response as high frequency wave is more directional. But our Bose system put two L/R front speakers under the front dash panel facing toward windshield, making already weak treble even weaker!

Yeah I'm not digging the lack of bass from the Bose system either. I'm contemplating keeping the 8" sub I made a stealth box for in my protege5 and doing something similar in the CX-5. It's just a matter of being able to properly get a signal out of the Bose system to the subwoofer.

Definitely disappointing. You see the name "Bose" and nine speakers and expect a much more enhanced sound system for the buck we paid. (notcool)

Back