2016 CX5 competition, impression, etc.

A Desmoquattro, as you know, is no ordinary Ducati. I have an "ordinary Ducati" bought used and it's not even my most expensive bike. A Desmoquattro, even used, costs more than all my motorcycles combined. If one can afford that, one can afford to put some money into car audio.

Perhaps in the world of internet hyperbole, "sucks" doesn't mean what I think it does. I love to listen to music. When I had a car with a stereo that sucked, I changed out the parts that sucked in the first month or so I owned it. If you have had your CX-5 for months or years and haven't done so, it either doesn't really suck as bad as you say or you don't really care as much as you say. In that world of internet hyperbole people often talk about how bad things "suck" to prove how discerning they are.

Exactly!! This is why my car is modded as is; yet still meets my needs as DD.

Certainly see other wrecks but it is nice to have a layer between you. Enough people don't pay attention to other cars... to bikes I see close calls all the time on I-5.

Might have to take a refresher on avalanche... it's been around 10 years since I did that... I have avalanche beacons.

My nephew takes it further with one of those avalanche airbags.

Spendy but if it saves your life totally worth it. I really would like to see the view from the summit. I won't be climbing any other mountains by foot any day soon.

I know a car offers much better crash protection but haven't you ever seen a deadly car accident? They are almost always very grisly as well.

I don't see motorcycles as primary transportation, more of an activity that is enjoyable. Yes, they take you to cool places, creating lasting memories in the process. But it is a commitment, not for those not willing to train and learn the ropes.

Snowmobiling is another. Why not take a beginning avalanche course so you know what you're doing and then plan a trip to the steaming crater during a period of consolidated snow/low avalanche probability? Not many snowmobiling meccas have such amazing destinations!

I know a car offers much better crash protection but haven't you ever seen a deadly car accident? They are almost always very grisly as well.

I don't see motorcycles as primary transportation, more of an activity that is enjoyable. Yes, they take you to cool places, creating lasting memories in the process. But it is a commitment, not for those not willing to train and learn the ropes.

Snowmobiling is another. Why not take a beginning avalanche course so you know what you're doing and then plan a trip to the steaming crater during a period of consolidated snow/low avalanche probability? Not many snowmobiling meccas have such amazing destinations!

I have had the "joy" of being the guy who takes care of the aftermath of these incidents that you see as you drive by them. Cars are FAR SUPERIOR to motorcycles in a wreck, as I'm sure you won't argue, but what amazes me is how torn up a car can be, and the occupant be JUST FINE minus a bit of spraining. When I typically see a mess, is when a seatbelt is not worn. If the driver is ejected, I usually end up with a DOA that looks terrible (head pancaked on one side, abdomen bulging like someone pumped it full of something...blood in this case, open fractures, etc.). At that point, the occupant is treated "similarly" as the motorcyclist.

Basically, consider a motorcycle wreck equivalent to an unrestrained occupant in a vehicle wreck, and you get rough similarities sometimes.

Again, totally amazed at how nasty vehicles can look vs. what's actually going on inside the car, with properly restrained occupants and modern airbag systems.

Yea, this guy traded his heep *Jeep for a mirage, and got into a wreck on the same day http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/3688-Bought-and-Crashed-in-the-Same-Day
45mph no injury In other news, can't say I don't miss getting cut by glass in peoples hair when I was working at a mortuary.
attachment.php

Yea, this guy traded his heep *Jeep for a mirage, and got into a wreck on the same day http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/3688-Bought-and-Crashed-in-the-Same-Day
45mph no injury In other news, can't say I don't miss getting cut by glass in peoples hair when I was working at a mortuary.
attachment.php

A friend of mine flipped his C5 corvette multiple times. The whole car was demolished. He ended up with, I believe, 3-4 stitches to his chin, and walked out of the ER in a few hours. His passenger got even less.

Back