2016 CX-5 Fuel Injector question

Hey everyone! So I have a cx5 2016 model that has done 108,000kms roughly. The other day, the oil light came on, and I took it to a mechanic yesterday (not a mazda one) and was told that the fuel injectors may need replacing?

The thing that confuses me, is that the car is running amazing. like if the light hadn’t come on, i wouldnt have had any complaints with how it’s running.

Of course i’m now freaked out haha because i dont have $$$$ to throw at the car. has anyone else experienced this? any help would be great :) it’s going to the Mazda servicing on thursday!

That does seem odd. Oil light and fuel injectors aren't really related.

When you say "the oil light came on" can you tell us more about the light? Was it red or amber color? Are you sure it was the "oil light" (looks like an oil lamp red or amber) and not the "Check Engine Lamp" (looks like an engine and amber)

Have you checked your oil level? Everything okay there? Did the mechanic say anything about the oil level?

Did anybody by chance check the oil level?

If my oil light came on the last thing I would check would be the injectors.

hi!
so the light was red and looks like a little oil can. yeah it seemed odd to me too! especially since the car turns on and everything fine! i know i dont know anything about cars, but surely if it was an issue with that, then i would have issues starting it?

That does seem odd. Oil light and fuel injectors aren't really related.

When you say "the oil light came on" can you tell us more about the light? Was it red or amber color? Are you sure it was the "oil light" (looks like an oil lamp red or amber) and not the "Check Engine Lamp" (looks like an engine and amber)

Have you checked your oil level? Everything okay there? Did the mechanic say anything about the oil level?

The oil light coming on has *nothing* to do with the injectors needing cleaning or replacement. That mechanic *might* just be looking to make a buck off of you. Get a written estimate of what he says your car needs, and post it here.

The oil can light probably means you are low on oil (engines consume oil over time). You would need to check your dipstick, and add oil as needed. To check your oil, park your car on a *level* surface. Let it sit for 15 minutes (the oil needs to drain back to the bottom). Pull the dipstick out, wipe it off with a clean, lint-free cloth, then reinsert it all the way, pull it back out, and see where the oil shows. Check both sides of the dipstick. The lowest side is the best estimate.

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.

Back